HELP!!!!

Options
OK, I have been tracking my calories, fat, protein, etc. I've been doing really good, or so I thought. I changed my settings yesterday to track sugar intake. Everything I eat has sugar in it!!!!!. Especially the fruit I have been eating. Even avacodo and zucchini?:sad:

I'm only allowed 24 grams of sugar aday. I've been going way over everyday. How can I stay within that range and still eat healthy and lose the pounds?

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    to be honest i dont count the sugar in fruit .... since its a natural sugar
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I agree. The one thing I allow myself is a lot of fruits and veggies that contain a lot of sugars. They are natural sugars and not simple sugars (the kinds typically found in cookies, candy, etc). There are so many fruits and veggies that have a lot of sugars, I find it hard to keep it out.

Anyway, I say don't worry about it. I've been avoiding only simple sugars and I'm losing pretty quick.
  • onelegpat
    onelegpat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The allotted amounts of sugar are not correct on this site, when I told my guy how much the site said I should have he was floored. I changed it in my MFP settings.

Here is what he said.

Who told you that 47grams is what you are allowed in a day? 50% of your daily calorie intake should be from sugar, not table sugar, honey or syrup but from natural sugars in healthy foods. Every gram is 4 calories so you can eat up to 250grams in a day. You can't train without sugar.

Hope this helps.
    :P
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    The allotted amounts of sugar are not correct on this site, when I told my guy how much the site said I should have he was floored. I changed it in my MFP settings.

Here is what he said.

Who told you that 47grams is what you are allowed in a day? 50% of your daily calorie intake should be from sugar, not table sugar, honey or syrup but from natural sugars in healthy foods. Every gram is 4 calories so you can eat up to 250grams in a day. You can't train without sugar.

Hope this helps.
    :P

It helps alot....thanks for the info!:smile:
  • chefcc
    Options
    I agree. The one thing I allow myself is a lot of fruits and veggies that contain a lot of sugars. They are natural sugars and not simple sugars (the kinds typically found in cookies, candy, etc). There are so many fruits and veggies that have a lot of sugars, I find it hard to keep it out.

Anyway, I say don't worry about it. I've been avoiding only simple sugars and I'm losing pretty quick.

Thanks! I'm going to change my settings and not worry about it and I'll definitely stay away from the simple sugars.
  • chefcc
    Options
    to be honest i dont count the sugar in fruit .... since its a natural sugar

Thanks ittybitty!!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    your very welcome chefcc :bigsmile:
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Aim for green leafy vegetables, and compliment them with other vegetables of all colors, inc. cauliflower, onion, and other white ones. That has been for me good enough to compensate for the fruit omitted, just IMO.

Fruit is an ideal snack food and breakfast is just not the same without it, I know!

So, to yet justify why I cut out fruits from my diet, I have to explain my particulars: when I finished my university studies, I had a sugar-addiction, suffered yeast infections and gained 20 pounds extra. I had to get my metabolism in check and rid my whole digestive track of candida. So, it was a then a critical no-sugar diet for me. No bread, not even potatoes or rice could I eat. Extreme, granted, but necessary at the time.

Today, my system does very well with just a little fruit on a weekly basis. But to compensate for the lost vitamins and nutrients, again, I juice vegetables daily and when I don't have the time, I drink green powder juice.

But, unless you had the serious problems I did, just grab that apple and don't worry about it, like Megan said, it's a natural sugar.
  • chefcc
    Options
    Aim for green leafy vegetables, and compliment them with other vegetables of all colors, inc. cauliflower, onion, and other white ones. That has been for me good enough to compensate for the fruit omitted, just IMO.

Fruit is an ideal snack food and breakfast is just not the same without it, I know!

So, to yet justify why I cut out fruits from my diet, I have to explain my particulars: when I finished my university studies, I had a sugar-addiction, suffered yeast infections and gained 20 pounds extra. I had to get my metabolism in check and rid my whole digestive track of candida. So, it was a then a critical no-sugar diet for me. No bread, not even potatoes or rice could I eat. Extreme, granted, but necessary at the time.

Today, my system does very well with just a little fruit on a weekly basis. But to compensate for the lost vitamins and nutrients, again, I juice vegetables daily and when I don't have the time, I drink green powder juice.

But, unless you had the serious problems I did, just grab that apple and don't worry about it, like Megan said, it's a natural sugar.
    Thanks!!