Drinking water this winter is a problem

Options
2»

Replies

• sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I am under the belief that as long as the water is in front of me and accessable, I am going to drink it....but I agree with the herbal tea. Or peppermint tea-- tis the season?

no its not just you im the same i try to keep a bottle next to me while im on my pc and i do drink it but when its empty and it comes to refilling i tend to opt for a hot drink more with the weather being how it is
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I am under the belief that as long as the water is in front of me and accessable, I am going to drink it....but I agree with the herbal tea. Or peppermint tea-- tis the season?

no its not just you im the same i try to keep a bottle next to me while im on my pc and i do drink it but when its empty and it comes to refilling i tend to opt for a hot drink more with the weather being how it is

Ahaha I am lazy with refilling water. I keep a 101.4 oz bottle of water that I fill only once a day and just drink as I go. Gets the job done....Plus it also reminds me how little I have drank.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Herbal teas :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    well i'm glad I read this, I too have the cold issue. Hot lemon water should be doable!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    I always keep a liter bottle with me full of water. Fill it up twice and that is your daily amount.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    My wife's cousin drinks a lot of just hot water, flavored with a slice of lemon. Might be worth a try.

^^ This....or drink hot water with a herbal (no caffeine) tea. You can find all kinds, but I do like lemon, lime or a little orange (freshly squeezed of course)
  • dropsam
    Options
    ...delete...
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    just drink a ton of green or white tea.

I've been drinking siginificantly more tea for the past week or two as it's gotten colder. It's definitely challening to get a lot of ice water drank when it's cold out.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water during the summer, spring and fall. I have not had a carbonated drink in years so drinking water is not a problem for me......until I get cold. During winter, I drink a ridiculous amount of hot tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. If I use sugar, I only use splenda and I buy the no sugar hot chocolate. I am aware this is not good as I am drinking a lot of caffine. Does anybody have any good ideas as to how to drink the 8 glasses of water a day for a cold-nature individual? Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Why would you not count the tea, coffee and hot chocolate? It's all just flavored water. It's ridiculous how many people on MFP count water with Mio or fruit added, but run that water over a some tea leaves or coffee beans and suddenly they believfe it's no longer water. Count everything you drink that isn't alcoholic.
  • dropsam
    Options
    Ahaha I am lazy with refilling water. I keep a 101.4 oz bottle of water that I fill only once a day and just drink as I go. Gets the job done....Plus it also reminds me how little I have drank.

Where on earth did you find a water bottle this large?? :noway: That must be a beast to lug around with you. I use a 32oz Nalgene that I fill about 3 times a day.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    just keep drinking just keep drinking. you'll get used to it. And of course drink while you workout
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I drink my water at warm temperature in the winter. I just don't put it in the fridge.

I do this too - I do it all year round. I drink water straight out of the tap. I hate drinking refrigerated water. Besides, it's supposed to be better for you to drink water at room temperature.
  • Time4achange77
    Options
    I drink a lot of water during the summer, spring and fall. I have not had a carbonated drink in years so drinking water is not a problem for me......until I get cold. During winter, I drink a ridiculous amount of hot tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. If I use sugar, I only use splenda and I buy the no sugar hot chocolate. I am aware this is not good as I am drinking a lot of caffine. Does anybody have any good ideas as to how to drink the 8 glasses of water a day for a cold-nature individual? Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Why would you not count the tea, coffee and hot chocolate? It's all just flavored water. It's ridiculous how many people on MFP count water with Mio or fruit added, but run that water over a some tea leaves or coffee beans and suddenly they believfe it's no longer water. Count everything you drink that isn't alcoholic.

That makes total sense! Thanks
  • asra425
    asra425 Posts: 14
    Options
    Try green tea. Some varieties are caffeine free and the others are very low in caffeine. All types boost your metabolism. So basically you are drinking water, with extra benefits if you get the caffeine free kind. :) Good luck!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of decaf teas during the winter. If I use any sweetner it is pure stevia (not Truvia or Stevia in the Raw). If you like a sweeter tea you can also look for one that has licorice in it. I count all the non caffeinated water based beverages in with my plain water, but at least half my daily is still plain water.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Try green tea. Some varieties are caffeine free and the others are very low in caffeine. All types boost your metabolism. So basically you are drinking water, with extra benefits if you get the caffeine free kind. :) Good luck!

caffeine boosts your metabolism.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options

caffeine boosts your metabolism.

But can also cause other health issues for certain people.