A Good, Solid Fitness Test

Options
Hey MFPeeps!

I am looking for a good fitness test as a way to determine where my level is. I have seen the Army fitness test, with push ups, sit ups and the like, but I am looking for something that will test a bit more. Any body seen/heard/done a good all around fitness test?

Thanks!

Replies

• TKBurris
    TKBurris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    have you tried the beachbody fitness test?? don't know if it'd be too simple for you though....
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Look up the P90X fitness test, it is a good one. I am sure if you Google search it you will find someone has uploaded a pdf you can print out?
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Look up the P90X fitness test, it is a good one. I am sure if you Google search it you will find someone has uploaded a pdf you can print out?

Agreed
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    the easiest way to test your fitness level is to do a plank...
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Agreed

Thanks guys- this looks like a legit fitness test!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    The P90X fitness test looks interesting - I think I'll give it a go just to see how I rate.
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The P90X fitness test looks interesting - I think I'll give it a go just to see how I rate.

Let me know how you do. I am thinking of trying this out myself.
  • Inforthelonghaul
    Options
    Fitness is a combination of speed, strength and endurance. Is your fitness test measuring all,of them?

You could also consider measuring your VO2 max uptake though this is getting a bit technical.