The best chicken burgers

Options
My friend Fred invented this. Take one pound ground chicken (or turkey, if you prefer). Then take a jar of salsa. Put the salsa in a strainer and push out as much liquid as you can. Mix with the chicken. Add the white of one egg and about a tbs. of breadcrumbs. Form into burgers. They will be a bit loose. Freeze. Once they are frozen, you can grill them, fry them, or do them on the George Foreman. They are juicy and so good that you don't even need catsup.

Replies

• Lisamb757
    Lisamb757 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This sounds good!! Do you really have to freeze them first?
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    sounds good!!! I'm going to make some today.
  • beklew159
    beklew159 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great! Thank you!
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This sounds good!! Do you really have to freeze them first?

The problem with ground poultry, is that when it is in burger form, it is so loose, it is known to drip and slide through the cracks of a grill. I never thought of freezing it before. But that might not be a bad idea.
  • beanerific518
    Options
    Use more breadcrumbs (or in my case ground pretzels = more flavor), this will help with the consistency of the meat. I just eyeball the amount until it feels like the right consistency. No need to freeze. I just make sure they are refrigerated for at least an hour before cooking. I do this "meatloaf" trick for all burgers - turkey and beef. Super moist and juicy burgers! i will definitely have to try ground chicken one of these days - thanks for the suggestion!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Nice, need to try this!
  • large53
    Options
    Are you using the liquid from the salsa or the non liquid from the salsa?
  • nyla23608
    nyla23608 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump. thx for sharing
  • swweis
    swweis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)