I know this has nothing to do with My Fitness Pal

Options
I know this has nothing to do with My Fitness Pal but I have been feeling really sick lately, I'm always tired, never really hungry and when I eat I feel like I'm going to throw up, the smell of Coffee makes me feel like I'm going to throw up not a good thing when I have to make it.

I'm forever suffering from pains in the stomach that come and go, headaches that come and go, my body aches, I'm only young so should not feel this way, I am forever getting colds when I never used to. I hate feeling this way.

I'm thinking that it may be because I recently got dumped by my boyfriend of four years but wouldn't really expect all this to happen.

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    When I was young (late teens) I got really depressed because of some family stuff and did the same thing, couldn't stomach food and had a knot in my stomach all the time, you should go try to make arrangements to see a doctor. xx take care
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You could be pregnant too.
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was constantly sick following the death of my father and suffered from a general malaise. I was certainly depressed and saw a therapist at least once a week for a year or so. Therapy and a little Wellbutrin pulled me out of it. I hope you're caring for yourself in whatever way seems appropriate for you. Maybe consider journaling or even meditating?

I am sorry to hear of your loss (because the end of a long-term relationship certainly is that). Take good care of yourself and, if needed, don't hesitate to lean on others!

India (aka "Subcontinent")
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

That was my first thought too.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    At the risk of stating the obvious, have you seen a doctor? :flowerforyou:
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear how poorly you are feeling. :( Have you seen or talked to your doctor? Stomach pains and headaches coming and going should get looked into. You could have some chemical imbalance that could be corrected with diet or medication. You deserve to feel GREAT!
  • ashannon22
    ashannon22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If this helps at all, I recently went through a breakup and felt really similar. I had no appetite at all, there were only certain foods I could eat and keep down, I threw up often or would dry-heave, I slept all the time. It was awful! Stress doesn't do the body good at all. I'm only now starting to feel normal (this was about 2 months ago) but I still have bad days. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time and I hope things start to look up for you soon. It just takes time. :)
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, and you should certainly see a doctor as soon as possible. However, my first thought was that it does sound like you might be pregnant- if I were you I would take a test. Good luck and I hope things improve for you soon.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    It could be stress, stress does strange things to the body. I would go and see your doctor. Best of luck xoxo
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Definitely rule out pregnancy; that was the first thing that popped into my head, too.

Otherwise it could be grief for the loss of your relationship. Even if it's for the best, change like that is still very stressful.

When my dog died after a long illness a couple of years ago, I had some of the same symptoms you're having.
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    heartbreak will do that.

pregnancy will do that.

hormones and emotions do play a huge part on our physical being.
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It looks like you have posted a LOT of health related threads in the past year. I would suggest seeing a Dr.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have been to the Doctors heaps last year and that was all worked out and I posted what it was, I am going to the Doctors just figured that I would post on here as well.

I have taken a pregnancy test and it was positive but I also have the Implanon so don't really believe it.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you that you get this figured out and resolved soon. If you are pregnant and need some support please feel free to send me a message.
  • 01carla
    01carla Posts: 14
    Options
    Dont ignore the pregnancy test results - get to the doctor sooner rather than later.
  • mikurulove10
    Options
    This used to happen to me too ://
    For me, it turned out I was lactose intolerant, which is why a single bite of just about anything made me want to puke.
  • snipalicous
    Options
    I have been to the Doctors heaps last year and that was all worked out and I posted what it was, I am going to the Doctors just figured that I would post on here as well.

I have taken a pregnancy test and it was positive but I also have the Implanon so don't really believe it.

Why do you not believe it?
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that you don't generally get false positives from pregnancy tests, only false negatives. In other words if it came up positive then I'd get to your doctor ASAP!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options

you may want to get the test done at the doctor's office especially if the at home test is positive. a friend was on Depo-Provera and she got pregnant. it can happen. nothing is 100% except no sex.
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

That was my first thought too.

And mine!