8 week challenge!!

Options

Replies

• knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! My workplace does an annual health screening where they take blood pressure, waist measurements, blood draw for cholesterol (good and bad) and glucose. If 4 out of 5 of these measurements are good there is a $500 bonus in it for me so believe me I am motivated :-). My screening is on the 18th of November so this is perfect for me. I'm currently at 182 and my goal is to be under 170 by the end of the challenge. I'll post measurements and pics later the week :-). Thank you for starting this!
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    hi everyone nice to see so many people on board could everyone please join the group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8997-8-week-challenge im sticking with thursday weigh in as the challenge ends on a thursday but for anyone who wants to do weigh in monday i will do a monday weigh in thread, feel free to do both :))
  • Msanders70
    Msanders70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Absolutely! Who Knew!??? LOL... Sodas are my weakness though!
  • BFlowers2
    Options
    Yes!!! Absolutely! Who Knew!??? LOL... Sodas are my weakness though!

Hot chocolate is mine!!
  • ashleyngill
    Options
    Good morning! I'm in for the challenge. My weigh in last week was 166lbs. I have a few goals. I want to be 155lbs by the first weekend in November (when I will fly out to see my husband and family), and 145-ish by Christmas. So I would say my 8-wk goal is 20 lbs.

I just moved halfway across the country with my little guy (he is 14-months), and we don't know ANYBODY out here but a few people from my new job. I just joined the YMCA yesterday and started in on a boot camp class. Boy, was that a work out! It normally wouldn't have been so bad, but it's the first hard-core workout I've done in a while, and at a MUCH higher elevation than I am used to!

Roslynns - I understand trying to lose the pregnancy/baby weight - especially trying to do it with a little one in tow everywhere you go. Keep it up. We will get there! Are you breastfeeding? If so, make sure you get plenty of proteins in your diet - Almonds are great for a snack and help with your milk supply, just make sure you measure them out. Let me know if you need any extra support!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i'm in!!! haven't had a chance to read the whole thread yet but i will when i get back! yay so excited......Ang
  • roslynns
    Options
    No Im not breastfeeding milk didnt come in and I really dont care for nuts. its hard to exercise when you have an infant cuz its either to hot outside, to windy, or to cold.. I need all the motivation and tips i can get..
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    are we supposed to wait for an invite or just click the link to the thread?
  • sadyel
    Options
    Sorry can you join yourself please i was inviting people when i was at a computer but im using my phone now and im struggling to send an invite to you
  • Del147
    Del147 Posts: 7
    Options
    Im trying to lose a bit more than that for crimbo, so im up for it, may have to hit the gym though! :(
  • hdME
    hdME Posts: 19
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I am needing right now! Heading to the US the first week of Dec. and my goal weight is 126. I am 5'5" and 141. Let's do it! :smile:
  • hazyupsydaisy
    hazyupsydaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married in January 2013, and need lose another 15-20. I'm hoping to get down to 155 by the end of November.
  • jessnay
    Options
    I'm in! I just started MFP and need some motivation! I'd like to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sadyel
    Options
    hi every one thursday weigh in will start tomorrow and the people who chose monday weigh in will start the following monday, if there is a majority that want a certain day I might stick to the one day, if its half an half thats fine, this is the last day to join the group before i set it to closed, thanks
  • TrinaPCOS
    TrinaPCOS Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll join if thats ok only just started! I'll post my details tommorrow if that's the weigh in date?

I want to loose about 15lbs that seems realistic :)
  • sadyel
    Options
    I'll join if thats ok only just started! I'll post my details tommorrow if that's the weigh in date?

I want to loose about 15lbs that seems realistic :)

Hi we have a group going now with threads for weigh in days ill send you an invite :) officially 1st weigh in day tomorrow
  • sadyel
    Options
    If every one gets a chance could you post in the 'thursday weigh in' or the 'monday weigh in' thread in the group please so i can see how many are doing each day thanks :))
  • sadyel
    Options
    bumping to get a few more people involved before our group is closed just for us
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!! My goal was to try get down to my goal weight by Christmas! So i can actually enjoy christmas without just getting fatter! haha x
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How do i join btw? I just got this today, my sister just told me about it yesterday so not really sure what im doing lol. x