Headaches

Options
I've been tracking for about a month now. Ive lost a few pounds, but I'm expereincing headaches. I eat the 1200 calories a day, because some days I know I'm not active. Those days that I do exercise I eat half the exercise calories back but not more, because I'm quite sure in my case theyre over estimated. I'm not expereincing hunger however I'm experiencing headaches quite frenquently. I generally drink quite a bit of decaf tea each day 8 to 10 cups. But the headaches are poping up. Advice?.

Replies

• myhorizon
    Options
    Are you cutting out carbs? Did you go cold turkey? When I use to cut carbs from my diet drastically, I would experience headaches and low energy.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    eat more
  • Kkleo2102
    Options
    Eat more. Especially veggies. They're low in calories and they fill you up.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have found that a lot of my headaches are due to not drinking enough water. If you are drinking a lot of tea, you need to drink twice that amount of plain old water.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    More protein and more water. Tea and other dark drinks generally dry you out so you need to drink more water.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I would try cutting back on the tea and drinking plain water instead. Let us know how you're doing, what you try and what works or doesn't work for you.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is non sugared and decaf green tea. I doubt I'm dehydrated. I've essentially got green bits in the water. I think actually I've been eating too many carbs. 50 60% carb calories. I'd prefer more protein and fat. That seems to help. Right now I'm drink whey protein shakes when I get a headache. Helps some. You're right though I should focus on my veggies more, I've been a bit lazy with them this week. Too many carbs instead.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been contemplating eating more calories though As a lifestyle change I want to eat more than 1200 calories a day for the rest of my life. Eventually I want to be near 1800 2000.