Calorie Tracking after Midnight

Options
On the weekends I'm usually out past midnight and when I come home I usually grab something to eat but my question is this: What day do I track the food on?

Yesterday (Friday) I planned ahead for some food to eat after I came home and tracked that on my Fridays calories. I came home at 1 am and ate what I had planned but I started wondering if that would be part of Fridays calorie intake or Saturdays?

Technically thinking, since it's past midnight I would add it on to Saturdays calorie intake BUT the calories I alloted myself for that food was on Fridays calorie intake.

So when do you consider it a new day, when you wake up or right at midnight?

Replies

• sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Its a new day when you wake up. I am a shift worker and count the days from wake-up to go to sleep....makes it easier!
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same and count a day as anything between waking and sleeping!
  • amancay
    Options
    I say pick one, and go with it!

Because I like my log to mostly show order of intake, to better recall the day... I would probably add it into Evening Snacks, for the day I just had... until I actually fall asleep!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    I agree! I count a new day after I've gone to bed and wake up again.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    One more vote for waking to sleeping as a day... your body has no idea what "midnight" means.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter as long as you are consistent. If you always track midnight to midnight, thats fine. If you always track wake up time to sleep time, that's fine too.

I'm one who does like the others here, wake time to sleep time is a day of eating regardless of the actual clock time.
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    I always do wake up to sleeptime too :wink: