ladies 5'0 what is or was your goal?

Options
JamirahMUA
JamirahMUA Posts: 113 Member
I am 5'0...athletic build (strong legs and broad shoulders) i pretty much carry my weight in the middle and boobs. My SW: 217 CW: 195 GW:130 UGW:120. I'm having a hard time picturing myself at my GW/UGW. Anyone start near where i did and reached their goal or close?

Replies

• jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my start weight was 200+ (I stopped getting on the scale when I hit 200 lb. I'm guessing my "real" start weight was closer to 207 lb.) My current weight is 153 lb. My physician says he'd be happy if I hit 145 but I'm thinking 135 is closer to where I want to be. I think he said 145 lb because then I'm officially out of the "overweight" BMI. I'm 47 years old, and while I've been down to 120-125 lb in my 30s, I thought I looked too emaciated....sunken cheeks and all. So I'm thinking 135 lb is pretty much my ultimate goal.

Like you, I have very athletic thighs (my trainer friend calls them "soccer thighs"), but narrow shoulders. I carry most of my weight in my boobs, tummy, hips and thighs.

Hope that helps!
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I also have a hard time picturing myself at any sort of ultimate goal weight I may have. I started at 181 and am down to 166 currently but my next goal is to get to 159. After I hit that I'm thinking maybe 149-145. I have a very small frame and I can tell my body wants me to be thinner based on the size of my tiny wrists and ankles but I am worried that if I go down to much less than 145 I'll look strange and too thin...
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am 5 nothing and I ultimately want to have a healthy bmi index. Which would make me weight 127 ish to 98 lbs, so right now im 199 (woohoo under 200 after working hard) I am shooting for 125 and see how I look then. Gonna be a rough road 74 more pounds but I am sick of being fat! I feel like my frame is a medium to large size.
  • BRANN80
    BRANN80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle 5'0 & 5'1. I have broad shoulders and I am medium boned. I have big thighs and big calfs as well. My SW was 214, my CW is 205 and my GW and to stay forever is around 125. I have a long ways to go, just like many on here do as well. WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER.

Add me, I'd love to be a friend and support you and you support me. I need it. Thanks girl.

Brandie
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11 1/2" technically but I always round up to 5' :) My SW was 165, CW is 147, GW is 115.
  • Chocmom24
    Chocmom24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm under 5'0
    SW (this time around): 163.8
    CW: 159.4
    UGW: 135

I have more of an hour glass figure...bigger breast, small(er) waist, big hips. My thighs and calfs are larger as well. I appreciate and enjoy having curves. I don't think I would look like myself if I was under 135.

All the best!
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11.
    SW 118
    CW 106
    GW 100
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am 4' 11

SW- 131
    CW- 118
    GW1- 115
    GW2- 110
    UGW- 105
  • krystlpierce
    krystlpierce Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", athletic build as well. I have very strong legs- thighs and calves are kinda big. My starting weight was 205.8 and my UGW is 125. I just hit my halfway point of 165 this week and I'm just amazed! I really can't picture myself down to 125. Dunno if it's possible with the muscle I have. Basically what I've been telling people is, I've been to 135 before, but it wasn't a strong 135, it was flabby. So once I hit like 135 I'm not going to pay as much attention to the scale and pay more attention to how I feel and what I can fit into. And at this point I'm not sure what I can fit into then, I guess we'll see! I'd say just keep going! I fell off the wagon early this year and into spring due to gall bladder issues, but once that was out and not causing issues anymore I've been doing better than ever! It's tough but you'll get there :) Don't focus on the end, focus on the journey. That's the most important part.
  • mandiana
    mandiana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11.5.

HW - 211
    CW - 174

I'm really just focusing on losing 1/2 a pound every week. Sometimes I lose more. Sometimes I don't lose any. But I feel the most in control and hardly ever feel the need to binge when I'm kind to myself and just focus on 1/2 pound a week. So, that's all I focus on right now. It took 8 years of losing 10 pounds and gaining back 15 over and over to finally get that there are consequences for depriving yourself. I'm finally going in the right direction again. :-)

My husband always liked me the most around 135 though. So, that's probably where I'll settle and focus on maintaining.
  • JamirahMUA
    JamirahMUA Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing...i guess I'll just have to see when i get there...i have a long way to go! I can't wait to hear and see everyones success stories!
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'0 sw 270 goal is 120
  • nharder1
    nharder1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0. When I started back in January, I was 204. I am currently 166. I feel absolutely great. Now I am shooting for about 110-120. My BMI is supposed to be 94-110lbs. But I can not imagine myself that tiny! My only issue right now is the saggy skin and stretch marks that keep appearing!
  • Aealdridge13
    Aealdridge13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'1"...SW was 200 and now I'm down 20 to 180. I'd be happy to get to 140, but that still is a bit out of the "healthy" BMI range. So I guess ultimately I'd like to shoot for 130. If I keep going at this rate, I should be at my first goal by June (which would be a year from when I started)...*fingers crossed*
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    4'11"

SW 129
    CW/GW 115

lost 15lbs with MPF, redoing my entire style of eating and working out really hard
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5
    SW: 185lbs
    CW: 143
    GW1: 140
    UGW: 120~

It's taken me almost a year but it's so been worth it!

Good luck girly :flowerforyou:
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I am 5'0 and my goal weight is 130 although my UGW says between 100-120 lbs. I don't think I want to be that small and like you, I find it hard to imagine that I will be that small. Whatever you are comfortable with... go for it :)
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'-0"
    SW 215
    CW 178
    First GW 130
    Second GW 120
  • deepavignesh
    deepavignesh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i am 5' 2" SW - 199
    CW - 177.6
    GW - 115
  • nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11.75:-)
    SW 101.8
    GW/CW - 93
    Joined MFP in May 2012
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!