• SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Google it. The allrecipes one is good.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Deep Chocolate Secret Brownies

Whole can of Unico Black Beans(along with can of water just covering beans)
    1/2 Cup flour
    1/2 Cup cocoa powder
    1 or 2 Tablespoon of ground flax(Optional, Depends on you)
    1/3 Brown Sugar
    1/4 Cup chocolate chips

Rinse beans first then puree beans with can of water. Mix with the other ingredients and pour into a 9x13 pan.You can add chocolate chips in with the batter or on top. Bake for 23-26 minutes. It will crackle on top.. THATS NORMAL. Cool for 15-20minutes and divide into 12 pieces.

Calories per 1 Brownie-96
    Fat- 1
    Sodium- 170
    Carbs- 15
    Fiber- 3
    Protien- 4
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!!
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I made these once, and they were disgusting. :/
  • Smrhoads
    Options
    You didn't do it right!! Lol. They are fricken delicious.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

It might be the recipe you used. The one I usually use tastes BETTER than regular brownies. NOBODY could tell the difference. Seriously. I probably had like 8 people try them.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Hmm, that recipe sounds good! I may have to try it. I usually use a recipe found through Pinterest.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options

It might be the recipe you used. The one I usually use tastes BETTER than regular brownies. NOBODY could tell the difference. Seriously. I probably had like 8 people try them.

It was definitely the recipe I used. I'll probably try making them again soon.
  • deerslayer1963
    Options
    Yes, I have made them and they were so nasty, very disgusting, never again will I try them . I find that if you want some better brownies, take your fav recipe, and sub the egg with egg whites, sub the oil with applesauce, and sub the white flour with 100% whole wheat flour. By doing this it really cuts the fat, calories. You can add your newly reduced fat brownie to your recipes, and you can see exactly how many you saved. Hope this helps. ( Oh btw, some recipes calls for mayo, some ppl like that but I dont, it gives it a weird taste for my taste buds )
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    http://myallergenfreelifestylemanual.com/2010/02/fudgy-black-bean-brownies/

We made them with Truvia instead of the agave/honey, and with chia seed "eggs" instead of eggs. They are really good hot, and they are excellent hot and topped with strawberries. I may try making them with different extracts like peppermint.I would also leave out the walnuts next time because they were distracting and didn't seem to fit the rest of the texture. I didn't see a need for flour in these.
  • MissGarden
    MissGarden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They are awesome for people that cannot eat WHEAT though!!! I think it all depends on the recipe you use. I made them, & NO ONE could even tell the difference!! Did the recipe from food.com & used Truvia baking blend instead of sugar & they are about 90 calories per brownie. So fudgey & good!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have made them and they were so nasty, very disgusting, never again will I try them . I find that if you want some better brownies, take your fav recipe, and sub the egg with egg whites, sub the oil with applesauce, and sub the white flour with 100% whole wheat flour. By doing this it really cuts the fat, calories. You can add your newly reduced fat brownie to your recipes, and you can see exactly how many you saved. Hope this helps. ( Oh btw, some recipes calls for mayo, some ppl like that but I dont, it gives it a weird taste for my taste buds )

You just had a bad recipe then or you didn't make them right. There are MANY black bean brownie recipes you could try, if you want to.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

OMG these are sooooooo good. They are wonderfully fudgee.

My recipe came out with a few more cals than her recipe suggests......And for those that don't like beans, you can't even taste them.