Nightly Sweet Tooth

Options

Replies

• alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    A frozen fruit Popsicle. The mouth feel helps.
  • ewai05
    ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    jello sugarfree fatfree pudding is good
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Try the 321 cake recipe to help with the cravings. It has helped me when i NEED cake. All you do is get a box of angel food cake, and your favorite flavor of cake (chocolate, strawberry, white etc..), and empty those into a Ziploc bag. Shake them up really good and you have your mix ready. Now you make your cake. 3 tablespoons of mix, 2 tablespoons of water, and 1 minute in the microwave. I make mine in a coffee mug. Be sure and mix the ingredients together well enough that they look frothy in the mug. I also have sliced up strawberries and drizzled 1/2 of teaspoon of hershey chocolate syrup to add some extra flavor. I got this recipe from another MFP user. Hope it helps!

This sounds wonderful. How many calories?
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    On a daily (or nearly daily) basis I have:
    pGNC1-7794153dt.jpg protein mocha mix

Coffee is officially food. I need this!!!
  • Emile_Jarreau
    Emile_Jarreau Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One thing is to make sure that you eat breakfast with higher calories , along with mid morning snake and lunch having more quantity plus quality calories coming in specific to your goal , then smaller meals before bed. the snacks others have mentioned are good...but also eat on the front half of the day more calories than you currently may be eating.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been trying the 1-2 squares of dark chocolate approach; there are some fair-trade brands I like (Camino or Divine, around 70%). I found the 85% a little too bitter. This works well until I'm stressed out, and then I'll eat 1/3 of a bar in one day (which, granted, is still a lot better than a whole bar!). I also like Greek yogurt with fresh fruit -- sliced peaches or strawberries -- and a tablespoon (or two, but no more than that) of trail mix sprinkled on top.
  • serriberri
    Options
    I, too, have a pretty strong sweet tooth, and am especially peckish at night. I’ve been drinking this odd little concoction, which sounds terrible, but is actually pretty tasty if you’ve got a liking for this sort of thing:

8 oz hot water
    1 Tablespoon blackstrap molasses
    1 teaspoon coconut oil

Stir it all together and sip it down. The molasses will kill your sweet tooth, and the volume of the water and the fat in the coconut oil will help you feel full. If anyone tries this, let me know! To match the cold weather, I’m thinking of adding cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg for an autumn flavor. Blackstrap molasses is a great source of iron, also.
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    **frozen grapes
    **chocolate sf jello pudding
    **strawberry sf jello
    **1/2 of a small apple and a tsp of natural peanut butter
    **diet cocoa with a tbsp whipped cream
    **celery with a tsp of natural peanut butter
    **grilled peaches with a pinch of brown sugar
    **sliced strawberries and a tbsp of whipped cream
    **1 box angel food cake mixed with 1 can of pineapple bits in it's own juice. Bake as directed on the box. Frost with a light whipping cream and add some pineapple chucks in it's own juice on top. Tastes yummy and one 3"x3" square is about 100 calories. This is an old WW recipe. Share 1/2 the cake with a neighbor and slice the rest and freeze without frosting. Pull one out when you want a piece, defrost, and then add the toppings.

Good Luck! :bigsmile:
  • mamalopez12
    mamalopez12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    uGH! I still hav this problem 2! sum of these tips I dont think I could every try. I grew up on eatting desserts. I m trying tho!
  • bayoubabe102272
    Options
    I get a major sweet tooth after eating dinner. It drives me crazy until I eat something. I wish I could just get the taste for sweets out of my mind but it does not work. and with my wedding coming up in a little less than 2 weeks, it is going to be worse. I don't have this problem during the day, it just hits me between dinner and bedtime. I have to have something sweets. (in my case sugar free due to diabetes, but still gotta have it.) Let me know if you find something that works.. truely works. Thanks :O) :happy:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have a nightly sweet tooth too. Mine is for icecream. I love icecream. And guess what, I eat it. I don't feel guilty about eating it, because I allow it in my diet. I don't eat past 8pm, and I have no regrets.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    A frozen fruit Popsicle. The mouth feel helps.

I have two boxes of those, one regular Popsicle and the other Dryers Strawberry somethings.......haven't even opened them. I might be fortunate in this department. I don't really get a sweet tooth. I use to drink a lot of soda and donuts (Lived in Tijuana, 3 liter of Pepsi 15 pesos $1.15 USD, chocolate filled creme bakery donuts, 5 pesos 40 cents. I got real fat real quick! On new years I stopped both. It wasn't even actually hard to do, I think it was the access, convenience, and very low price that made it so easy to splurge. And no, the quality was no less, actually a lot fresher from that sweet bakery baking ALL DAY and open until 10 pm. right across the street. I had to just stop. I was going in there at least two times a day, eating 4 donuts minimum usually. Now I don't even think about sweets.........wait a minute, I might go eat a Popsicle after dinner!
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    Sometimes at night, I have a WW giant fudge ice cream bar. It satisfies my chocolate and ice cream craving.
  • msdeeb
    msdeeb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was doing good with my cravings until I started reading ths stream :-) there r a lot of yummy ideas. Thx
  • jennyf12345
    Options
    Chocolate Vitatops (in freezer section, 100 cals) plus a serving of 100 cal chocolate frozen yogurt. Wonderfully chocolately and decadent for 200 calories!!
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Save yourself 100 - 300 calories during the day to enjoy a sweet at night. I just ate 2 oreos and a yogurt at 12 AM :) No problem because it fit into my calories and I feel 100% satisfied. Don't pick something that will trigger you to want to eat more...for example, pop-tarts are a problem food for me. I CAN stop at one, but it's hard. I want to eat the whole box and I have to fight the urge. So pick something that it is easy for you to stop eating.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    A low cal hot choc (Options 39 cals) and reece's mini peanut butter cup (45 cals) are my fix for a sweet tooth.
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I take up a hobby. Keeps my mind busy. When that fails, I make a cup of tea (w/milk and sugar) and then it's time to head to bed before the stomach thinks more is coming.
  • ashleynicoled09
    ashleynicoled09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The 321 cake has about 100 calories. Chocolate is my favorite
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I try to always have enough calories for a small sweet in the evening. I used to not be satisfied with just a bite of the real thing so I came up with several low-cal, sugar-free substitutes. I can finally have just a bit of the real thing without wanting to go overboard, but it took a long time.

Almond-milk chocolate pudding
    this makes a big bowl:-)
    1 cup unsweetened Silk Almond milk
    1 TBS cornstarch
    2 TBS cocoa powder
    splenda or stevia, to taste, I like it pretty sweet.
    drop of vanilla extract

Put all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and stir until thickened. I like it to be about the consistency of hot fudge, but if you want it thicker add another tsp of cornstarch.(just be sure to add in the additional calories)
    As posted it is 92 calories for the whole recipe.