I am a QUITTER and I LOVE IT!

Replies

• Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Well done. I quit about two years ago, and it's made life much much easier. I hate the smell of it now, and working around smokers isn't easy, but I rarely get tempted. I like being able to breathe, and the Nicorette gum helps too.
  • Shawty_Ro
    Shawty_Ro Posts: 135
    Since 10. September 2012:
    29 days smoke free
    586 cigarettes non-smoked
    £201.09 saved
    Get Rich or Die Smoking - Android non-smoker app!

whooooop :):flowerforyou:
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    I've never smoked for any lenght of time, still marvel that when I tried I never liked it or got addicted. And, when I was single looking for a man, if he smoked, that was a deal-breaker. So, I'm happy for you and your health and the health of those around you. Thank you for not smoking! You're going to be richer in a lot of ways.
  • Since 10. September 2012:
    29 days smoke free
    £201.09 saved

Wow! 201 Euros? That is like 260 bucks here, and about 10 bucks a pack! Were you a two pack a day smoker or something, or are cigs really that expensive over there? That is a ton!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I quit just a few weeks ago myself. I didn't do it for the reasons that most people do, but the end result is the same. Tried a couple of years ago, but ended up with digestion problems as a result, due to the crap that I was eating at the time. That's usually a pretty good indicator that your diet is completely ****ed.

Fortunately, this time, since I am eating clean, I'm having no such problems.
  • Oct 1, 2011. Just celebrated my 1 year, and damn is it nice. Can't believe I smoked for all those years. Stupid. Oh, and once you quit, you are quit. 10 years from now you won't be able to take a puff off your friends smoke at the bar. Just don't ever do it. You're done for life. I think that's what finally got me to stay quit this time. I realized there was no such thing as becoming a social smoker.

Oh, and edit: I saved $2,905.48 by not smoking. I've actually set aside that money and used it to buy a new(to me) car.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    I smoked for 17 years quit 7 years ago the difference after months is great, the difference after 5 is fantastic.
    I swear it's knocked 15 years off me and stopped my 'fitness' decaying so quickly.

I finally did it by stopping drink for 6 months, your mates at the pub will not do you any favours.
  • krystleeanne
    krystleeanne Posts: 42 Member
    This post makes me very happy. I am so happy for you and the countless others :smile:
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Well done Josh. I quit almost 9 years ago when I found out I was pregnant, have had the odd temptation but have never looked back.:drinker:
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Congratulations...

Today is my 39 week anniversary of being a quitter

I have put 50 pounds into a clear jar every week since I quit - I am now 1,950 richer!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I smoked for 17 years quit 7 years ago the difference after months is great, the difference after 5 is fantastic.
    I swear it's knocked 15 years off me and stopped my 'fitness' decaying so quickly.

I finally did it by stopping drink for 6 months, your mates at the pub will not do you any favours.

So much truth to this. I quit drinking alcohol years ago, however I had something else that I enjoyed smoking with even more. Coffee has always been my big thing that I had to have a cigarette with. Since I literally drink nothing but coffee (other than protein shakes) you can see why it made quitting smoking a pain in the *kitten*. ;)
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    July 19th, 2009 was the day I quit. I saved my money and on my 6 month anniversary I bought a Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit including the board and a few games. I do celebrate each year, I told hubby (who has never smoked) at my 10 year I want diamond earrings. Good luck, keep it up no matter how hard it is. BE A QUITTER!
  • I joined 'Stoptober', so this is day 10 for me. I decided to go cold turkey from 40-a-day, and no cravings to speak of. Now if only I could persuade my 60-a-day partner...
  • Since 10. September 2012:
    29 days smoke free
    £201.09 saved

Wow! 201 Euros? That is like 260 bucks here, and about 10 bucks a pack! Were you a two pack a day smoker or something, or are cigs really that expensive over there? That is a ton!

To answer your question on behalf of the other Forum Member, £ = Pounds Sterling (UK). 586 divided by 29 is approximately 1 pack of 20 per day. I'm a non-smoker, but I understand a pack of cigarettes in the UK is around £7.00 (= $11.25 USD at today's rates). Cigarettes are taxed heavily by our government (about 80% and rising), but sadly this isn't a big enough disincentive for smokers. Many UK smokers bring back cigarettes from other European countries, such as France and Spain, where tobacco taxes are lower.

It saddens me when I see young teenagers still taking up smoking. Some have asked me for a light, and I can't help but ask them why they want to become life-long cigarette addicts. I'm sure they think I'm crazy!

Many congratulations. Come back and let us know how you celebrated your 31st day!
  • July 19th, 2009 was the day I quit. I saved my money and on my 6 month anniversary I bought a Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit including the board and a few games. I do celebrate each year, I told hubby (who has never smoked) at my 10 year I want diamond earrings. Good luck, keep it up no matter how hard it is. BE A QUITTER!

Well done. I hope you get those diamond earrings! :-)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    cheers to all the quitters here! I quit about 17 years ago. Hardest thing I ever did, I wish you all the best success!!
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    It isn't easy, that's for sure, especially being around smokers at work.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    my fiancee said goodbye 6mths ago....proud of him and proud of you too
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Congrats! I'm a quitter as of Aug 17, 2012 :flowerforyou:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    I quit for the last time in January; almost a year smoke-free! We are all quitters together!! :flowerforyou: