Can someone help me get my calories up for tomorrow?

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    just eat an extra egg at breakfast and an extra 50g of chicken for dinner... sorted!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Well done, by the way, for not beating yourself up over one bad day and just getting on with tomorrow. Planning is all important, I find.

I also find it can be a good lesson to just eat what you want to eat and discover the actual calories later on. Not every day, mind! Sometimes a shock like that can really motivate you.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts do you do and for how long. You may want to up your calories a bit and put in more foods like chicken, brown rice, talapia etc. I have never been a fan of folks who do 1200 calories. That is not a sufficient amount of calories to sustain someones body after doing a heavy workout. Also there are times that your body will react negatively in the way of storing fat because its not taking in enough calories to survive. I have some great friends (both who are petite girls) who workout hard and eat like Beasts and look amazing.

ChitownFoodie and love4fitnesslove4food
  • jmcnally13
    jmcnally13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are quick & easy. I use the GNC Total Lean Shake. The ready-to-drink bottles are 170 cal, 25g protein, 6g carbs (3g fiber, 2g sugar), and they carry ~25% of your total vitamins & minerals per shake. They come in more flavors, if you get the powder, but you said lunch was at work, so I figured RTD would be the easiest. They taste really good, too, which is a bonus: vanilla bean, strawberries & cream, and swiss chocolate. I drink 1 or 2 a day, as a calorie & nutrition boost.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Add some fruit at breakfast
    Some vegetables at lunch
    Some salad at dinner

Your day is lacking in vegetables - the only vegetables you have is at dinner; that's not enough for the day.