5'2" and trying to get down to 125 lbs. need a buddy!

Options

Replies

• ling1111
    ling1111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'4" and trying to get down to 125lbs-130lbs. I gained approx. 12 lbs this past year after moving to Europe for a few months - too much good food, alcohol and not enough exercising! I've actually started counting my calories and exercising and I've already lost 4lbs in the past 9 days! I'd love to add all of you as buddies since I'm looking for motivation as well! :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I know life can get in the way, but you can do it if you have 12 min. Check out bodyrock.tv or Zuzkalight on YouTube.
  • battistereader
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you...weight and height are exactly the same:) So is our lifestyles....I'd be willing to buddy up with you!!! Please feel free to add me!!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am pretty short too... 5'4" and trying to get down to 122-125. I have about 7-8 lb to go
  • fudgecube
    fudgecube Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 186lbs I know I have a lot to lose but I'm taking it one step at a time, my first goal is to get down to 175 before Christmas if anyone wants to join me feel free to add :)
  • Wiish
    Wiish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm the same height you are and my goal weight is also to get to 125 Ibs. i have just started using MFP a month ago and got to say i LOVE it. and I'm also studying primary teaching to become a teacher!! :) your free to add me if you want extra motivation is always good for everyone :)
    btw congrats on the weddinggg!!!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm 5.2", SW: 142 lbs, CW: 131lbs, GW1: 125 lbs, Final GW: 115.
    I had also put on about 20-25lbs over the last 2-3years after being content and letting it slip.
    But back on it now though and ready to take charge and keep it off.
    Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2 also and I'm trying to get to 125. Right now I'm at about 143 so I have a bit more to lose. But my friend is actually getting married in July also and I'm a bridemaid so I'm trying to drop my weight by the same time. Would love be your buddy!!
  • betseyjane
    betseyjane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd like some more buddies too! I'm 5'3", and currently at 153. Goal is 130-135!
  • snthoma7
    snthoma7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 5'3.. I would love to get down to 130-135...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Why is this in Success Stories? o_o
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd like some buddies as well.

I'm 5'2.
  • evansjaohseven
    evansjaohseven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a buddy!
    I'm 5'2", weigh 138.5. I'd love to hit 125, would love 120 even more!

I found in a doctors appointment, to my absolute horror, that I had gained almost eight pounds since my last visit six months ago. I have officially sworn to myself that I will -never- have that conversation again.

Same thing happened to me! 8 pounds in exactly 6 months ! I was 130!
  • kr381806
    kr381806 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Looks like us teachers have a lot in common, and I hate to use the excuse of "no time" but sometimes I do. I'm about 130 now and I'd love to get down to 125 or even 120. Let's do it!
  • janicelandrum
    Options
    Hi. I had a similar reason a year ago -- my daughter's wedding! I made my goal, of 130, which meant I had to lose 18 pounds. I'm a retired teacher. And then, this summer, I put on 4 pounds from wedding, too much fun.

So yesterday I started back with my fitness pal. Tracking the food makes such a difference -- even when I blow it the first day, since I had book group last night and my friend made apple crisp with homemade ice cream. But I'm also much more motivated to exercise since I SEE the calories added back in. Yesterday and today I went to the gym.
    BTW, that was the REAL difference in my losing the weight last year -- exercising a minimum of 5 days a week and on off days, walking at least a mile and a half (lap of my neighborhood.

Good luck! You can do it -- and you'll be so glad when the wedding pictures come back.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same stats-5ft2 (well, ok, 1.75 inches but I like to round up!) and I weigh around 135ish right now. 120-125lbs seems to be my happy weight, and I'm struggling to get back there. Feel free to friend me, I always like more buddies!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    5'2 here as well, I went from 170 to 117,( cutting out sugar) cut out as much sugar as you can, especially refined , that will give a huge boost, you can totally do it!! Good luck!
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I, too, am looking for some motivational friends!

I'm 5'3" and currently at 129.8 but would like to be at 110-115 for my wedding in May (:
  • rachelpitkin10
    rachelpitkin10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and would like to hit 125 by end of summer. I did it once before - 2 years ago for my wedding. I'll be a buddy!!!
  • katejaramillo
    katejaramillo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and was at my HW while pregnant at 160ish and got down to 129 on my own and now to 125.8 with mfp. add me if you like! i'm trying to get below 110
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!