Water. Too much and too little.

Options
2»

Replies

• nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Urine is naturally yellow. Sure, a dark yellow indicates dehydration but aiming for colourless urine is not necessary.
    From Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine

"Color

Urine varies in appearance, depending principally upon a body's level of hydration, as well as other factors. Normal urine is a transparent solution ranging from colorless to amber but is usually a pale yellow. In the urine of a healthy individual the color comes primarily from the presence of urobilin. Urobilin in turn is a final waste product resulting from the breakdown of heme from hemoglobin during the destruction of aging blood cells.

Colorless urine indicates over-hydration, generally preferable to dehydration (though it can remove essential salts from the body).

Colorless urine in drug tests can suggest an attempt to avoid detection of illicit drugs in the bloodstream through over-hydration."
  • mate03
    mate03 Posts: 5
    Options
    If you drink too much you flush out more than water. craving extra ordinary amounts of water is a sign something is wrong such as diabeties or even cancer as your body craves to wash out the toxin be it sugar or cancer. I know this from experience. I was drinking over a gallon/ day and it was my first cue something was wrong. Had my sister inlaw heeded it as well as her doctor she might not be dead from cancer.
    Also if you drink way to much water you can have almost the same reaction as if you have heat exhustion. Suoer athletes have been know to super charge on water and end up in the ER. There is documented proof.
    8 cups is a guideline. When you exercise more you need more as well as in dry climates. Most people walk around in a state of semi dehydration. If you dring your about 8 cups you will have a clearer head as well as more energy and your body will function better. Give up the sodas, including diet, as well as coffee and tea and replace them with water and your will clean out everything. You will feel better as wel as your body will function better.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    The more water I drink, the more weight i lose.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    The more water you drink, the clearer your urine, the more weight you lose. According to the Mayo Clinic, Adult Males should drink no fewer than 8 glasses a day, with a target of 3 liters (12-13 glasses).
  • PeteyogiW
    Options
    The more water you drink, the clearer your urine, the more weight you lose. According to the Mayo Clinic, Adult Males should drink no fewer than 8 glasses a day, with a target of 3 liters (12-13 glasses).
    Just out of curiosity, does the water contained in beer count, or is it cancelled out by the alcohol content. May be a silly question, but curious anyway :-)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, does the water contained in beer count, or is it cancelled out by the alcohol content. May be a silly question, but curious anyway :-)

to some extent it counts....but alcohol has calories and CAN be dehydrating. I personally would rather eat my calories than drink them.