Where do you put your keys and phone?

Options

Replies

• hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a spare house key on a carabiner key clip. And since its so small, I was just keeping it in my hand as I ran. But I just bought a Nathan belt. It has a pocket for small things such as keys or your phone, license/credit card if you need it. I chose this over a spi-belt as it also had an "ID" card in it (as I have only been running w/ my key and phone, so its good to have in case of emergency)
    As for my phone, it could also stay in the belt, but I keep it on my arm in a 'tune band' so I can listen to music and listen to the commands from c25k.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know not everyone runs with his/her phone, but as a matter of safety, please consider doing so, depending on where you run. I often run trails in the woods. If I were to be injured there, it could be quite a while before someone comes along to help, so I take my phone. Just use common sense on this one.

I would never, ever, ever run a trail by myself. That is not smart, phone or no phone.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I know not everyone runs with his/her phone, but as a matter of safety, please consider doing so, depending on where you run. I often run trails in the woods. If I were to be injured there, it could be quite a while before someone comes along to help, so I take my phone. Just use common sense on this one.
    This is true if you're running alone somewhere...but if you're doing an organized 5K, there's far less need to be as concerned about getting help in a timely manner since there will be people everywhere!
  • Beethoven1827
    Beethoven1827 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm still using the C25K podcasts, so need my phone with me when I run - and a key so I can get back in the house. So far I've been just holding the phone, but that's not too great when it's been raining(!), so I've just bought myself a race belt for it, which has a separate little pocket for key/cash etc. This afternoon will be my first chance to try it out - here's hoping it works well!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I used to put my keys in my socks. I wear the long ish 1/2 shin socks, not those silly ankle socks.
    Phone used to go in the bra, ( right breast too) but that has problems a) if you need to nswer it and b) if it gets overed in sweat nd stops working.

I now have an armband that fits phone keys and credit card/ money ( if i stop by the shops on the way home.)
  • Ella_Bee
    Options
    If I take my phone it's in my arm band or I leave phone at home & use my small ipod for music.
    My house key/car key I clip in my bra strap & tuck the key in the cup.
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    I take my key off the ring and lace it through my shoe string and double knot it. I did this for 7 years in the military and never lost a key. The instructor of the C25K had a key holder she got from a shoe that sells running apparel. I usually leave my phone in the car unless my pant/shorts have pockets.
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I take my car key off the ring and tie it to my shoe laces. I don't take my phone, but if I did it would be on an armband.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I only bring my house key, which I put in my bra.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My pants have a hidden media pocket on the inside. I don't usually take my keys jogging but I will have my phone.
  • pfftx
    pfftx Posts: 11
    Options
    I use a Spibelt (http://www.spibelt.com/). Got it recommended from a running forum and I love it!
  • WOW!!! Awesome suggestions, everyone!! Sounds like I need to do some shopping :smile:
    I'm kinda digging the armband idea, but I want to check out some of those other things as well.
    As always, thanks for all the help! LOVE MFP!!
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bra! keys on lanyard attached to bra strap. Cellphone In bra. I like two bras cuz my new smart phone Is Huge. Plus then you're phone gets less sweaty.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I keep my phone in an armband ($10 at TJ Maxx), and if I'm away from home and need to carry my key(s), I either slip my single house or truck key in the armband behind my phone, or use my Nathan Shadow Pak - http://nathansports.com/our-products/runners-paks-music-carriers/runners-paks/shadow-pak - also found at TJ Maxx for around $10.

For ID & emergency contact info, a RoadID is a great thing to have - I have the regular wrist model, and wear it every time I am out running or walking. http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I run from my home, I have my mp3 player and just my house key. I just hold the key in my hand; the mp3 player in my pocket. I am normally a treadmill runner.

When training for the half, I decided to run longer distances. I belong to a chain gym, so I would travel to gyms farther away from my place, stash my stuff in the locker and then go outside and run. I do not bring my cell with me. I run in a rather populous area (lots of tourists, cyclists, runners and walkers, etc). I take with me my gym card, 20 bucks, and my mp3 player. I found shorts at Old Navy with zipped pockets for less than $10!!! I have found running gear so expensive...
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am very low-tech: I use one of these stretchy key rings and wear it on my wrist to have my car keys and house key with me when I run or walk.

ad5nnccnvi.jpg

Unless I am using my phone for music, I don't bother taking it with me.
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use a Spibelt - http://www.spibelt.com/. I carry my phone, ipod, and key in it. It looks like it doesn't hold much, but it does with minimal bounce.
  • tad10301030
    tad10301030 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I put my iphone in an arm band but I wrap it around my hand. This way I have easy access to controls and the phone if needed, I don't even notice it's there. During a race I slip my drivers license and some cash into it for post race festivities.

For my keys, I put only the necessary ones on a carabiner. I then hook the carabiner to my waistband with the keys on the inside so they don't jiggle around.

I have been known to run with a car key in my sport bra. Nice and cozy.