Scale accuracy

Options
Hey,
I use an analog scale but it fluctuates quite a bit.

It ALWAYS says 120 lbs the first time I step on it.

Then I reset the scale.

If I step on it two more times, the numbers are usually (not always) a bit lower. Both times will be the same number.

Sometimes, every successive time I step on it I get a lower number. (what a fantastic way to lose weight--just keep stepping on and off the scale!! Who knew?? ;)

...and I do use it in the same place each morning and I do reset it after each time I step on it.

Thoughts? Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Scales are not accurate. Even if they give the exact weight of your body it can't see you just drank 1 lbs of water and adds that right on your weight. I wouldn't worry about it and just see if over an extended period of time the scale is moving in any direction, or staying at the same place if that's what you're aiming for.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I use an analog scale but it fluctuates quite a bit.

It ALWAYS says 120 lbs the first time I step on it.

Then I reset the scale.

If I step on it two more times, the numbers are usually (not always) a bit lower. Both times will be the same number.

Sometimes, every successive time I step on it I get a lower number. (what a fantastic way to lose weight--just keep stepping on and off the scale!! Who knew?? ;)

...and I do use it in the same place each morning and I do reset it after each time I step on it.

Thoughts? Anyone else experience this?

it sounds like you have a low quality mechanical scale thats catching on itself internally.

A cheap digital scale is going to be more consistent and accurate then a cheap mechanical scale.
    I would just get a new one.