Women with accents..

Options

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    New York...but not the overly dramatic TV-type New York and No, I don't say Nu Yawk. I pronounce my words. FFS! :wink:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Told mine is southern.... born and raised in WI, but moved around with the army a bit and landed in VA. Guess I'll keep it. ;)
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I have a Spanish accent. Spanish accent from South America and not Spain. They are quite different, at least to my ears.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    My accent is mostly eastern PA (near philly) - which is where I am from. And I have a little of this dialect that I am not even sure where it's from that I picked up from my mom and I am sure she got from my grandma (I have to ask her where it's from) but only on some words. :laugh: Everyone teases me when those words come out.

I live in Bucks county, we are almost neighbors.

I was born in Stroudsburg but resided mostly in Snyder County. No accent that I'm aware of. Irish and British accents are a big turn on for me though. :heart: :smile:
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian, eh? :P
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I have a Boston accent, but it isn't a very strong one.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've lived in AZ my entire life, and everyone asks me if I'm Canadian. I definitely hear the Southern thing a bit when talking to people who've lived here their whole lives, too.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Minneeesoootan!
    Ditto. I've been told that my accent is really, really noticeable. I guess I don't hear it. Lol.
  • donnabayliss76
    donnabayliss76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have a welsh accent xxx
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't think I do, but there are some words that I pronounce with a slight east Texan drawl :P
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I speak Texan y'all ;)
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My accent is mostly eastern PA (near philly) - which is where I am from. And I have a little of this dialect that I am not even sure where it's from that I picked up from my mom and I am sure she got from my grandma (I have to ask her where it's from) but only on some words. :laugh: Everyone teases me when those words come out.

I live in Bucks county, we are almost neighbors.

I had to respond when I read this. I grew up in Warrington, bucks county PA. I have since moved to Indiana and then to Chicago area. It cracks me up because people around here ask if I'm from jersey! They think of the real housewives of NJ show and tell me I sound like them. I'm horrified when they tell me this! But then they always say "but you don't act like them or dress like them." :noway: :noway: My parents grew up in Philly. But I can't believe I sound like I'm from jersey. I need to get a vocal coach. Maybe I can learn to speak in a southern drawl.
    P.s. I'm not Italian descent. I'm Irish Hungarian.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I'm told I have a southern accent, but to be honest, I've heard many more "true" southern accents....at any rate, I'm from Louisville, KY.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    people say i have Californian accent. don't know where that came from since i've never even been to US.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Kansas and I have the Midwest accent...so not too interesting. Very plain!
  • headoverhills
    Options
    Canadian, eh! Actually, it's not that simple, because I immigrated to Canada when I was 24 so I have a mixture of Hungarian and Romanian in my accent and no one can identify it correctly :) Most think I'm French, some guess Eastern European but no one to date guessed Hungarian because I guess having spoken Romanian since kindergarten softens the accent somewhat. Add some German and Russian in there, and it's totally confusing.... :)
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    French Canadian! I hate it, my American husband loves it and my Mother-in-law thinks it's hilarious that I don't pronounce most of my Hs.

Same here and I don't pronounce most of my Hs either. English Canadian bf likes to point out my quirks and laugh...;)

(and I recognize the King Mountain trail in your pics ;) )
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a hybrid of a Southern Texan twang mixed with a bit of Cali-esque Surfer accent. "Dude, I live on an Island ya'll." :wink:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Southern Belle....Most of the time.
  • Rozh1970
    Options
    Heinz 57 english accent. But I have a question, has anyone ever had their accent mistaken for another? My accent has been mistaken for Australian :smile: