Las Vegas

Options
Even though I'm from there its my first time back home since being 21 anyone have suggestions from your own experience?

Replies

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Not exactly "calorie friendly", but if you haven't eaten at the Bellagio buffet, you must!

Thank you for your service to our country! Ooh-rah!
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    Not exactly "calorie friendly", but if you haven't eaten at the Bellagio buffet, you must!

Thank you for your service to our country! Ooh-rah!

Good Idea my mom works at bellagio actually lol and thank you!
  • Dmarisol
    Dmarisol Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ohh I miss Las Vegas, it's so much fun
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    The other advice I give to people who have never been there is: Don't look down on the sidewalks when walking or take handouts from people on the street unless you're into building a deck of cards with naked chicks on them! But you already know that about Vegas!
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I love Vegas.... Can be any type of trip you like
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Missing my sister out at Nellis. Its always fun to go out in the Aliante area.
  • tjs616
    tjs616 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It is finally starting to cool off enough to make hiking at Red Rock feasible :love:
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Loved Vegas. Was there for the labor day long weekend. We walked everywhere, danced the night away and hiked a day in the Grand Canyon....so eventhough we ate and drank, it wasn't too bad in terms of my diet. Have fun. There is this delish french Patissserie in Belliago and Caesar Palace that we stopped by for breakfast....great. Also stopped by the Sugar Factory for dinner. Great choices. Have a great time.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I flew into Vegas and was not impressed, we left and drove about 3 hours to Mt. Zion NP. Zion is amazing we spent most of our time in that area and I do not regret it.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My girls took me to Vegas for my bachelorette party. I cant say I remember anything, I was very drunk for 3 days straight.
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    My girls took me to Vegas for my bachelorette party. I cant say I remember anything, I was very drunk for 3 days straight.

Thats pretty much the plan its the 1st time me and all my friends will be 21 and in Vegas together. My brother is also returning from Afghanistan so yeah blacking out will be part of the events lol
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been there a couple of times. Lots of things to see and do. Some of the pool parties are a hella good time! Cant wait to go back.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    LOVE Vegas. Really want to get back there. I like to people watch, shop and watch the shows.

My favorite shows were "Bite" and the Frank Sinatra one.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hotel hopping... was our best idea!! Going back at the end of October.. I AM SO EXCITED! Have fun!!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm going next week! My best friend lives there so I'm always in Vegas...which I love. Sometimes I like to go and just get a room, go to the spa, go see a show and chill out. Of course have some drinks too. I usually go with one other friend.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Eat
    Drink
    Dance
    Forget everything
  • trudance4
    Options
    Im from Northern Ireland and I loved Vegas when I was there - although I would say anywhere is good to eat, love American food :) x
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm from there its my first time back home since being 21 anyone have suggestions from your own experience?

Stay away from Freemont Street unless you're with a group, that side of town isn't very good and you can see that just by driving through the neighborhoods to get there.

Cosmopolitan is newer and more modern, Pollazo/Venetian are pretty cool and set in Venice basically, Bellagio is nice but it's geared towards high-rollers so if you're a high roller that's a good place to be, Aria is cool but very expensive and not worth it in my opinion. If you're going to part off-strip at all you can take a quick taxi to Town Center and they have a couple nice clubs like Blue Martini and good sports bar (Miller's), or Red Rock which is about 15-minutes off the strip is pretty cool too but I think they closed their club.

If staying on the strip and partying it up is the intent then Cosmo, Pollazo or Venetian (can't recall their club), Luxor's club, are all pretty fun. The dueling piano bars at Harrah's and Paris (I think it's Paris) are a blast too.
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Don't understand what everybody likes about being in Vegas. Been there once and that was enough - felt like walking around in a Disney World for adults. What's so specail about Vegas? I don't get it.
  • Terrymichelle
    Terrymichelle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Vegas is amazing!! We go once or twice a year. I'd say if your looking for somewhere to stay that is cheap and in the center of all the action go with the Imperial Palace. It is not in the least bit fancy but you can spend less than $200 for a 3 or 4 day trip on the hotel. For us this makes a ton of since, since we don't ever plan on being in the room for anything but sleep so why waste money on a pricer hotel if you don't have to. Gamble during the day, at night the table min. goes up. So I like to make sure to gamble during the day mostly and at night drink and party and play the slots. Make sure you walk around the other hotels during the day, its a lot of fun! Also, if your a big drinker BRING YOUR OWN ALCOHOL! We always bring alcohol that we keep in the room. If we aren't planning on gambling and (getting free drinks), we make a drink in the room and bring it with us where ever we are going. Bring cups and mix away! Have tons of fun!!!!