My before and afters, 41lbs in 9 months!

Options
kori333
kori333 Posts: 174 Member
Quick basic story:
Overweight since high school. Lost weight before but always gained back and still was always in the "overweight" BMI category. Decided to change FOR GOOD January 6th. Found MFP in February, started 30DS, took my first before photos. Lost 9 lbs in those 30 days. I ate back most of my exercise calories because when I didn't eat them I couldn't lose anything. I continued 30DS every other day and did Zumba or elliptical the other days, Sundays off always. I finally dropped 30DS in the end of July when my husband and I finally found a great price for a weight bench and started doing Strong Lifts 5x5 together a couple days a week after the kids go to bed. I do Zumba on almost all my cardio days because I love it so much.

This is no starvation or deprivation diet. It's eating healthy most of the time in appropriate portions, but I still eat chocolate EVERY DAY! (In fact, I'm eating some dark chocolate m&m's right now which will be logged when I'm done here.)

I've lost more than 40 lbs now, feel stronger, and finally believe my husband when he tells me I'm beautiful. (That last one was one of my goals and something I never thought I'd be able to say.)

I'm 5'4"
Mother of 3

SW: 177.2, tight in size 14
CW: 135.8, size 8
GW: 135, and size 6

The "after" photos here were taken a month ago, but I haven't changed much since then.

Collages6b.jpg

Weightprogress8b.jpg

I recently got rid of most of my "fat" clothes, but I had to take a picture in this gray shirt one last time to compare. I couldn't believe how baggy it was on me when in my before photos it barely fit!

Weightprogress7b.jpg

The heavy lifting has slowed down my weight loss but my new muscle definition is well worth the trade off! I'm far from having a perfectly shaped body but I'm in no rush. I'll get there when I get there.

septarm2.jpg

septbacksmall.jpg

A few pics of the overall journey:

December, right before changing, double chin and all
DSC_0546b.jpg

May, halfway to my goal, 20 lbs down and feeling good
DSC_0325b.jpg

September, 41 lbs down at a family funeral
(My husband has lost about 23 lbs as well!)
DSC_0499b.jpg
DSC_0595b.jpg

I share my progress not only because I'm proud of myself but to encourage anyone else who is making excuses of why they can't change. Make up your mind and DO IT!! It's hard, it sucks some days, but it's ABSOLUTELY worth it! The health I've gained, the positive example I'm trying to set for my children, and my new self-esteem are all worth it!

YOU'RE WORTH IT, TOO!!

Replies

• Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You look great!
  • BigMan_D
    BigMan_D Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! You look incredible. Thanks for sharing, you should be very proud!
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Amazing job!!!
  • renatka13
    renatka13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well done you! you look great :)
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments!
  • officegirl27
    officegirl27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You look great!!!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!!!!

i just need to get the motiviation to do the same, i'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you...

I'm 5'4
    HW - 175
    SW - 162
    I started in May ... only 9 lbs down so far, but if I were really setting my mind to it with exercise and lifting then I would be probably double my weight loss by now...

You're an inspiration! Thanks!!
  • Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look fantastic :)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I love how your daughter photobombed the picture of the back of your arms. XD

Congratulations on your progress!
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    WOW! Fabulous job ~ you look amazing & so happy :flowerforyou:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    wow! you look fantastic!!!
  • katzav
    katzav Posts: 67
    Options
    you look amazing! nice job!
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go!!
  • mustangmonie
    mustangmonie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Sure you lost a lot of weight and have gained some nice muscle, but I might point out that you also lost about 15 years. You look so much younger!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looking good! =)
  • lakokoloko
    lakokoloko Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Great job! You're an inspiration!
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!