swimsuits.

Options
cwjett
cwjett Posts: 189 Member
:sad: I just went and tried on some bathing suits and it was horrible!! I think I'm going to have to swim in a wet suit this summer.
I was so disapointed, my thighs looked huge! I know the lights in those dressing rooms make things so much worse but there is no way i would feel comfortable enough to take off shorts and go to the beach or by the pool if other people were around. :ohwell:

I just needed to vent about how upset I was! I could just wear a pair of shorts with my bikini but i don't want to! LOL

Replies

• cwjett
    Options
    :sad: I just went and tried on some bathing suits and it was horrible!! I think I'm going to have to swim in a wet suit this summer.
    I was so disapointed, my thighs looked huge! I know the lights in those dressing rooms make things so much worse but there is no way i would feel comfortable enough to take off shorts and go to the beach or by the pool if other people were around. :ohwell:

I just needed to vent about how upset I was! I could just wear a pair of shorts with my bikini but i don't want to! LOL
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    Remember that you are your worst critic. Also, sometimes those mirrors are distorted, no kidding. I looked in one and it was like a circus mirror.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My sis who is also overweight (even more than me) bought us both miracle suits. It was like putting on a body girdle and aside from the fact it was uncomfortable...it pushed excess skin and fat into many directions. All I can say is...getting it off almost took a miracle. :) I am gonna stick with a sexy 2 piece and plan on havin the body to put in it!
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

For you --- :happy:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Not to diminish your feelings in anway...

YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!! OMG - I would run errands in a bikini if I had your figure! Yep, in the line at the bank, in my bikini... :wink:

Seriously though, might some self tanner and/or bronzer help? Both the Nivea and Jergens "gradual" self tanners have been helpful for me. Sorry you had a bad experience with bikinis (and btw, what is with bikini sizing!!! The shop owner told me that you have to buy one or two sizes bigger for the bikini bottom than you would in pants! That is NOT helpful for the self esteem either!).
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh...me too..I was just ready to post on this topic also! Here, wearing tees and capris, I felt really good about losing so much weight and I started to feel pretty good. Then, after trying on 12 different suits and seeing what I looked like in the mirror.:noway: I looked like I swallowed a whole child!!!:frown: I can feel your pain sista. I finally put a tankini on hold that at least won't make anyone gag. LOL! Good thing, though., after seeing myself...I lost my own appetite.:ohwell: I think retailers would do alot better if they'd just use skinny mirrors. (Seinfeld episode anyone?)
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    you'd think clothing store would use the most flattering lights ever! You buy it then be disappointed when you get home and trying on again and maybe not return it. Swimsuits and lingerie stores should be smarter for sure. There are a lot of things I haven't bought for that reason. lol!
    But remember, no one likes how they look in a swim suit. Everyone wants to look like someone else. Try a sexy wrap maybe in an almost shear white. Show some confidence by not hiding under pants or shorts but cover enough for the imagination.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It may just be me but I have no prob with the bathingsuit. I only get one life so I'm gonna enjoy it. My thinking is if others don't like what they see they don't have to look. They really aren't seeing the real me anyway. Hope this will make you feel better. I look like SHAMU but I love SHAMU.:wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm not even looking at swimsuits this year. :noway: They scare me. Maybe next year.
  • cwjett
    Options
    I had some self tanner on my legs so i thought it would help out! I was trying on size large bottoms and medium tops. I wear a size 4 in pants! Swimsuit sizing is crazy! Those bottoms to the bikinis are so tiny and they hardly even cover your butt, and all of them are suposed to ride really low. Well i have had 2 c sections and i have stretch marks!! lol I can't go too low!
    Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. I am going to try and leave work early and hit the gym before getting kids from daycare!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting till the liquor store has a good sale, then I'll go. :laugh:

You look great in your pics, cw. I'm sure you looked great in the swimsuits too. :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Ugh - the sizing - don't even THINK about it! Seriously though, you look AMAZING, are you being too hard on yourself? Victoria's Secret has some really cute cover ups that might help you feel more comfortable.

And btw... if you have kids young enough to be in daycare, that means you recently gave birth, so you need to be commended for having a bikini figure!
    :flowerforyou:
  • cwjett
    Options
    haha well i defenitely am harder on myself (like everyone) i just tend to gain my weight in my hips and thighs, I guess i owe that to genetics.
    It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to always be by the pool with people who look really good. Although they don't work and go to aerobics and the gym everyday and work out all the time so i guess i shouldn't even be comparing myself! I work full time and i work out when i can so i guess i'm doing better than some.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Swimsuit shopping, ugh! I have a swimsuit that fits right now, so I am not going to go shopping again until I am HOT and need a really cute one to show off.

Oh, and when I say my swimsuit "fits" I mean that I have to do a crazy dance to get into it, and the jaws of life to get out of it.

I have a swim class with my daughter that starts in June, so at least I can get it on! Maybe by the end of the class (mid-July) it will fit better...
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Land's End? online... they have all the mix and match suits with three different leg openings, low, medium and high like French cut.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I know it can be horrible. Try Target suits in womens bottoms I hate how low cut the junior ones are. Since having three kids I do have flaws so the little higher ones hide that. Try wraps too love those www.venus.com has cute ones in every color. I think mixing tops and bottoms helps too. I got a bathing suit from victorias secret and then got a top from target to mix it up.

Good luck I am sure it was not that bad. We are so mean to ourselves

Alisha
  • cwjett
    Options
    I have found alot of suits i like on victorias secret and on venus.com but i am so afraid of ordering online and not being able to try on!
    Have alot of you orderd online and how did you know what size to get so that it fits good?
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    would it help to buy a few and then try them on at home, in your own lighting, when you're more comfortable? Then you can return the ones that don't work.

Once I was at a store and I was trying on a swim suit, but I didn't notice that there weren't any mirrors in the dressing room till it was too late. (all of the mirrors were on the outside) Needless to say I changed back and didn't come out.

Seriously, what were they thinking not putting mirrors in fitting rooms? :grumble:
  • cwjett
    Options
    oh i have been in a store not trying on swim suits just regular clothes and they had the mirrors on the outside. there was no way i was going out side of the dressing room where everyone was standing there watching! lol
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I have found alot of suits i like on victorias secret and on venus.com but i am so afraid of ordering online and not being able to try on!
    Have alot of you orderd online and how did you know what size to get so that it fits good?

I do, I order mine from Land's End, so I can get the bust size right. And I love their tankinis