Skinny Saturday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Saturdays are bad days for me as well! I am looking forward to this challenage! Low fat, high exercise and plenty of water! I think I can handle that! I am going to have keep myself busy. When I am not doing anything, I am look for food. :blushing:

Same here! I'm in. This one is just what I need.
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    Wish me luck and i wish everyone else luck too!!!!!! Im fat and really want to lose weight so hopefully this will be another little push in the right direction.
  • Dumspiro
    Options
    What a great idea! I'm in! Bring it Saturday!
  • ercaluc
    ercaluc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! love the idea of a skinny saturday!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good for you for taking the Skinny Saturday Challenge....remember, low fat, water-water-water, up the exercise and log everything that passes your lips! There is power in numbers! WE CAN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DO THIS! Check in with us later and let us know how you are doing! I am psyched for a SENSATIONAL SKINNY SAT! Mr. Scale better watch out....weighing in on Sunday will be a cinch!:bigsmile:
  • lisahiller
    Options
    got my 12 miles in this morning-felt great-now just chillin' and eatin' clean for the rest of the day!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    got my 12 miles in this morning-felt great-now just chillin' and eatin' clean for the rest of the day!

:drinker: Way to go Lisa! You are truly inspirational! I ate a healthy breakfast and work out doing Slim n 6 "Ramp It Up." I am chugging the water and vow to wait until I am truly hungry to eat a light lunch. We are going out to a dinner tonight so I am getting psyched to make healthy choices tonight. Having this group keeping an eye on me today will help accountability. Did you run outside or in?
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge. I always exercise on Sat., but often undo the effects by stress/unmindful eating. I'm paying attention today. Did strength for 1/2 hour, went to zumba, and I'm drinking water like crazy.
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge. I always exercise on Sat., but often undo the effects by stress/unmindful eating. I'm paying attention today. Did strength for 1/2 hour, went to zumba, and I'm drinking water like crazy.

Good for you!!! If it makes you pay attention we may have to have a weekly challenge. Hope you enjoyed your zumba. Keep slugging back the H2O. Excellent!:drinker:
  • lisahiller
    Options
    Thanks, Fab Fifty! I ran outside today-New York weather was beautiful this morning-32 degrees feels balmy!!!! Good for you for getting your workout in as well! Hope dinner was good-I hit around 1500 calories today and have many more in the bank, but I'm not hungry now....I will just have my weight watchers pop for dessert and call it a night-swim practice first thing tomorrow morning!!!!! Keep up the good work everybody!
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge. It was a gorgeous day after about two months of rain so in the morning I walked in the sunshine for an hour with my husband. In the afternoon I worked in the garden for two hours. It was the first day I've been out in the yard since last fall so it felt pretty strenuous. Kinda forgot about trying to drink more water but will drink some now to make up for it.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I did great today so far and sounds like you all did also, yay! I went on a bike ride with my family to the park and back. Eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, plus am making salmon stir-fry for dinner. Drinking lots of water and plan of doing two workout DVDs after the kids go to bed. :smile:
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks here for the challenge! I did well. Ate usual breakfast, out for lunch, and good dinner. Got to walk down to town with hubby and stroll around and back up the hill. Stayed under my calories. Good day. Tomorrow I start the drive for home. 9 hr. drive. I do the driving, so be praying for a safe uneventful drive.
  • Hetfield
    Hetfield Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I too worked extra hard today on my workout!! YAY! this is a good way to challenge ourselves. If i am off on Saturday from work it is always hard for me to exercise - not sure why cuz I exercise the other days that I am off.. but I am happy with the amt of time i worked out and pretty happy with my food intake =D congrats to you all - great job!!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I didn't go over on my calories today!!! :smile: Thank God I exercised and went for a run earlier today. If it hadn't been for the exercise, I would've went over! We went to a baby shower and a birthday party today & I only had that one piece of cake! It was okay though with the exercise! I still had 400+ calories left!!! I may still do my new Insanity dvd to make sure!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Great job Astronsnider, Jen*2, greeneyes82, Hetfield and JABehler! Wow....I think everyone hung in there today, getting workouts in and drinking that water! It sounds like we were all under our cals and truly had a SKINNY SATURDAY! Thanks so much for your support! I would not have done so well without this accountability. Here's to a skinny week ahead!:drinker:
  • Sunnydaze
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge...on a day normally filled with seemingly endless temptations, I avoided them all, stuck to my healthy eating for the day. I did my kettlenetics DVD in the AM, weight lifting this afternoon and a killer spinning workout tonight. It's fantastic to get to the end of the day on a Saturday and be delighted with the day instead of wishing I'd done better. :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I agree with Sunnydaze, thank you! I think we should get back together next Saturday! :wink:
  • Dumspiro
    Options
    I did very well:smile: I stayed within my calories ( I had to add some exercise to an otherwise planned day off, but that's ok). What a good idea!
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank you again for posting this challenge, FabulousFifty :happy:

All day long I thought even more about what I ate, because I didn't want to let you guys down :blushing:

I started my day with an elliptical workout, cleaned 1/2 of my house, went grocery shopping for healthy UNPROCESSED foods (a very good eating distraction...plus I got some asparagus because it was finally under $2 a pound!), did a cardio blast workout, and then cleaned the rest of my house. I ate 3 "good for me" meals in there & drank a total of 96oz of H2O, too.

From now on I'm going to pretend that I have to check in with you guys at the end of every day and see if I do better than I am right now :wink:

I hope that everyone has a successful Sunday and a wonderful week to follow!!
    :flowerforyou: T