Goal Clothes

Options

Replies

• meonpc
    meonpc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yup. Ironically, most of them are workout and tennis clothes! But I have clothes in my closet in every size from 6 to 14 - story of my up and down life. Hoping to fit back into 8s by March and one day, maybe even the 6s.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of size 3 jeans from three years ago that are calling my name! Funny, they fit my 13 yr. old daughter but she wouldn't be caught wearing flares!
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have so many goal clothes, I've even contemplated going shopping for goal clothes! lol It is a good way to track your progress tho to see what you couldnt get in to but you now can! :)
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! something to work for! This was a must for me...and when they fit...I knew I wasn't going back.......no way, not EVER...........

Fatty, bad foods and I will NEVER EVER GET BACK TOGETHER!!!!
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes and recently they have gone into my "rotation" - they fit!!! I am getting ready to buy my "ultimate goal" item...a pair of Miss Me jeans...can't wait until they fit!!!

Good luck everyone!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    (I think this is in the right section)

Does anyone else keep goal clothes. Pieces of clothing they don't fit in currently but want to?
    I kinda have a drawer full of goal clothes for various sizes. Mostly things I loved that I was sad I out grew (I've got a pair of jeans from middle school size 15). I was wondering if anyone did this and if it worked as motivation for them.

YELP!!! Sure do!!! It helps!! I have a shirt I bought when I was about 19-20 and have NEVER wore it!! I bought it with a friend of mine (both bought the same shirt) and it was the largest size they had. I have that shirt in a box in my closet WAITING to be able to wear it!! :-)
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a really cute short romper that I have hung up on the outside of the closet, I asked my hubby to put a screw on the wall.. and it is there waiting for me.. I hope to fit into it by April.. IT HELPS!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • FayeCanDoit
    Options
    I'm really lazy when it comes to physical measurements, I gauge my progress by how well/or how much of me/ I can fit into my wanted size.
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! Half of my closet is goal clothes and the other half my " large enough to hide my body" clothes. After steadily gaining weight for the past 2 years (over 40 pounds), I look forward to be able to put some of my old clothes but also to reward myself to new "skinny" clothes.
    I`m carefull though not to under estimate my achievements while trying on some of my old clothes: Some sleeves don`t fit cause I`ve gained arm muscles, but the rest fit nicely so...yeah!!!
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I (from experience) have had a hit and miss with goal clothes. Maybe it's because of my height, but I have to lose about 25 pounds to even go down a pants size, SOMETIMES. Sometimes I lose it all from my top (which is happening the most now), so im still wearing the same pants size.

Don't get me wrong, that doesnt mean I dont have goal clothes! I have the black dress in my pic hanging up right now on the back of my closet door, because it's just a tiny bit too snug around my middle and i'm wearing it for a wedding friday. It's keeping me motivated this week.

Just dont wany anyone getting their hopes up because they're a size 22 and buy a size 10 jean and are dicouraged if they lose 50 pounds and still cant fit into them.

My own personally recommendation (take it or leave it). Is to buy one or two pieces of clothing that are snug on you or just one size too small. If you buy a complete wardrobe of "skinny" clothes you may never get into them, and it may be too hard to see the long term goal. There'll be plenty of time to buy more clothes when you're smaller lol.

ALSO I personally gave all of my bigger clothes to my sister (she gained a lot and i lost). Feels good to not have them in my closet!!
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    I have a couple of specific items.. One was a jacket from High School. I can wear it better than I could then! (Not that I want to though) The second item is a shirt that was purchased for a group of us providing music for a wedding. I could not fit into the shirt. I have kept it for a year and 3 months with the goal of having it fit (Now does :-). The 3rd item is a shirt that I used to like, that is now way too big. It is my motivation to never go back.
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    I have one outfit that I have wanted to get back into for years! It is my hot pink shirt that scrunches in the middle and the sleeves are the perfect length pairing it with a pair of size 9 dark blue skinny jeans. I love that outfit so much and I WILL get back into them.
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I see a smaller size piece of clothing thats on clearance I buy it. (if its cute)
    Like one time when I was shopping online at Lane Bryant I seen a pair of jeans in a size 16 they were only 6 bucks reg price 50.00. I got them at the time I was wearing a size 26. That was four years ago! Now I'm wearing those jeans it took for ever but better late than never.

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group
  • HausOfTina
    Options
    Most of my clothes are goal clothes lol

Pretty much, this.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'd do it if I knew what size I needed. I have no idea what size I'll be in when I hit goal.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Goal was size 10, but I'm size 6!
  • HeyKatelon
    Options
    I have some pants that I can't fit in anymore, and some stuff that just doesn't look as good on me as it used to. I haven't deliberately gone out and bought anything for goals, but I keep those clothes around so that I'll have them!

On a side note, I'm current;y wearing a pair of jeans that have been too tight for me since I bought them (:
  • midnight333
    Options
    I have jeans jeans jeans galore. I know I will loose the weight to fit into them. I was overweight before about 8 years ago and bought lots of jeans to encourage me to fit into them. I did and then I had a major relapse of my MS. I still have them to encourage me again. I still haven't gotten any of them to go over my butt. Some are so skinny not even near my butt yet. I'm getting there and I try to try some of them on every week. I have one pair each of Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Seven for All Mankind, and numerous pairs of Blumarines and Ed Hardy. Oh I also have a knit Ed Hardy Rock '71 (my birth year) dress that I'd like to wear too someday. I'll get in to the stuff sooner or later,,,,,,,sooner hopefully.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Most my clothes r my goal clothes...

BUT... for the past few months its been a dress.

I bought it in the spring of 2011 (it was a little loose then...but was going to get it fixed) was going to wear it for my husbands Marine Corps ball later that fall...he left overseas so never did...
    Well I gained back most my weight and I'm trying to fit into it before Nov. 3.(this years ball) Not sure if I will make it....but I'm trying!!! It's hanging up on the wall in my bedroom so I look at it each morning.
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I sometimes buy a new outfit in one size smaller and try it on once in awhile until it fits. It does help.