Will you log forever?

Options
I realized today - as I'm now at 110 days logging - that I may be doing this for the rest of my life.
I never thought of it...but I truly believe that I've seen the success I have seen thus far BECAUSE I am logging.

Is anyone else thinking this will need to be a lifelong commitment?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    no,,,, but some people need to stay on track!
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    I think as long as they have an app for it I'll be doing it! This has been a HUGE factor in my success!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I hope not!

My goal is to use the logging to get me on track and teach me how to make better/smarter food decisions. But I do not want to be logging for the rest of my life.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I've logged 370 days...I will always log! It doesn't need to be a life long commitment, what does is making healthy choices on a daily basis. If you lose the weight and got back to the way you were before, you will gain the weight back, plus some. Been there, done that, never again. Nothing feels a good as being healthy!!
  • Slimat30
    Slimat30 Posts: 142
    Options
    I think so! I'm too addicted to stop :)
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    I can see that happening.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    one of my mfp friends been logging for a tad over 2 and a half years which might've sounded crazy to me when I started. But I've been doing it for 5 month now and that too might've sounded crazy when I started. So for now I see logging as part of my life style change, but that might change once I reach the point I don't need to lose anymore.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I probably always will have some form of logging. I've learned it's too easy to let your food get away from you and weight gain is such a sneaky thing. I probably won't be as vigilant once I'm maintaining, but I think I'll need to keep an eye on it somehow if I want to not gain again.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    hoping to learn to monitor without it but if need be I am prepared for forever
  • sophilyn
    sophilyn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeah, logging in has been a big factor in my weight loss so far. I'm glad I found it. I not sure if I would continue after I meet my goal but too early to judge yet.
  • HausOfTina
    Options
    I know I will forever log. I sincerely believe I will forever be a food addict. I really have no concept of what I eat, unless I log.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    As long as this site and the app are still around - yep! :wink:
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I've already had days where I didn't log everything and those are the days I mess up! I'll be here!
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 195 days in and just over halfway to my goal weight and was thinking the same thing - the reason I've been able to change my eating habits and allow myself the occasional treat is because I know exactly what I'm putting in my body now...I don't see that changing any time soon! When I get to my goal weight I don't want to backslide and put it all (or even just some) of it back on, so I will continue to log as long as I need to until I feel confident that I have made the permanent change to my lifestyle that prevents me gaining again.
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I really like logging, because I like to see when I make good choices, how much sodium is in a food, etc. BUT, I do not plan to log forever. I just don't know when I will stop. Does that make sense?? :wink:
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    I know I will forever log. I sincerely believe I will forever be a food addict. I really have no concept of what I eat, unless I log.

This.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I can see it happening, but I doubt I will log everyday for the rest of my life. At least, I hope I wouldn't have to.

However, if you think about it, technology makes it so much easier with apps on your phone and whatnot. So, I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future it would only get easier and even more convenient to log everything. In that case, I might.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I think so! I'm too addicted to stop :)

This!^
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Yes, too much slippage otherwise.