Will you log forever?

Options

Replies

• candctaber
    Options
    I LOVE MFP & think I am stuck with it for life!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Forever? No. I'll quit the day I die.
  • Alaarie
    Alaarie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think I will. I've done the "track until you lose weight then stop & gain back" over and over. But, that's how my brain works. I like order, information, feedback, etc. To continue to be sucessful, I think I'll have to track... and that's okay. We're all different.
  • shadoewz
    Options
    I am fairly certain that if I stop logging what i am putting into my mouth I will gain back every ounce of weight I lost. I truly believe that people just do not realize how much food and calories they are taking in.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I think so! I'm too addicted to stop :)
    So totally agree!!
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    today it said I have logged in for 340 days. I am so excited to hit the one year mark. I am just maintaining right now as I have lost what I wanted to, but it is so addicting! ;)
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Yes, definitely. Even when I reach my goal weight & up my calories to maintenance I'll still log daily.
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I will log, in one form or another, for ever. It's seems to be the only thing that works for me.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the long haul! It's been about 4 months since I've hit my goal and logging has helped me stay on track. While I'm not as big on counting calories per se, I love having a good understanding of what I am eating on a regular basis so that I can make more informed decisions about my nutrition.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    No, I'll just get bored and forget about logging.
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Probably. I think I need it. I lost 80 pounds about ten years ago by tracking my food in a handwritten diary. Eventually I stopped tracking food (and exercising) and over the years gained all the weight back and then some. I will have to do some type of logging. It may not be as strict as now once I reach a good maintenence weight but I need something to keep my weight from getting out of hand again.
  • Danayle
    Danayle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Forever? I'm not immortal, so no.
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sad to say, I lost 60# and thought that I could stop logging. 20# back on and here we go again. I'm either compulsive about it or I lose the battle. Some day it would be nice to be able to maintain without pulling out my phone at a restrauant or scanning the UPC code on everything that I use.
  • joaneebabee_123
    joaneebabee_123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've tried many times to drop this weight and failed. Logging my food makes me more accountable and I can monitor what I eat. I have finally made the 'lifestyle' change that I have been balking at forever...and part of that lifestyle change is logging my food. I'm in for the long haul this time.

Good Luck to everyone on reaching their goals!
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think so. It's become like FB to me!!Plus, like many others, it's easy to do at home and on my phone and I know from past experience that if I don't keep track somehow it will all come back and more. I also like the feeling of being in control. Before...the food was in control.
  • ElleFerguson
    ElleFerguson Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Maybe a few months after once I reach my goal weight. However, I'd like to not be dependant on using it forever to maintain a healthy weight.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well as long as I can... Eating in moderation is good in theory, but until you see it written down its hard to know exactly what you have been eating. It's too easy for those calories to creep up on me especially since I am petite.
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hope not!

My goal is to use the logging to get me on track and teach me how to make better/smarter food decisions. But I do not want to be logging for the rest of my life.

Ditto.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Addicted.. Although I am slowing slacking off.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I will be dead one day. It will be difficult to log after that happens.