Will you log forever?

Options

Replies

• cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Great question. I've been doing it for about three years now... with some consistency. I went through a brief period when I stopped logging my food and just tracked exercise. Then I quit smoking and needed to keep on top of what I was eating to avoid the dreaded weight gain. (Which still happened, despite my best efforts!)

It won't be forever. You'll automatically just start doing it in your head eventually. :) But hey, if it keeps you honest, why not? Even if I don't log it in MFP it's in my head! Check!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I actually rarely log and choose to eat healthy, clean as possible meals. I've lost weight since I stopped logging. However, I basically know what the cals of everything are and I"m burning so much off (generally) that I can eat a bunch of really good food and not worry too much
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I will keep logging because it helps me to be mindful of what and how much I am eating. When I don't log, I find that I go too much off my diet and gain weight (which I have done recently).
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Yes, I've been logging my food in one form or the other for about 10 years. It definitely keeps me in check.
  • Dona_Maria
    Dona_Maria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't know forever is a long time but it has been a large part of my success, I tend to over eat therefore I need to track what I eat. So, as of now yes, I'm a lifer!
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Maybe, not sure but if I started to put weight on i know I would return for sure.
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know from experience. I stop logging I gain back the weight. I plan on logging for the rest of my life in some way.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I will continue to log in one way or another until I am physically unable to do so....I am fully aware that logging is the only thing that works for me.
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yep. After logging on "splurge" days and seeing the amount of calories I used to consume; I will never not know how much I am eating again.
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have OCD, so probably. Possibly not on the weekends but otherwise yes
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is such a good question to ponder. I know I won't do it forever...I know I won't be able to because it makes me insane. Logging does work for me, is the only way I've had success, but I can get a bit obsessive about it and it becomes hard to maintain. Once I get to my goal weight I would hope that by continuing to exercise and eat pretty much the way I am currently, I can maintain my weight without logging. But it's too early to tell...
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I really hope not...... its all about of learning how to do it to have a normal life.. Right now I either eat and run to log all the stuff I ate to see how much I have left, what with those days when im real busy or no internet access???
    I just wanna learn how to do it myself.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have OCD, so probably.
    I was just thinking about that the first time I saw the thread.
    MFP brings on the best of my OCD. :lol: I could weight and track all my life. :lol:

But I know that nothing lasts forever. I have been on different sites, different online communities, althought not loosing weight related... and even after 3-4 years of beng active I just stopped.

I would like to think that I just might do this all my life, especially when (hopefully) I will only be maintaing. But I know things just change eventually.
  • MCNWifey
    Options
    I don't know about doing it the rest of my life, I would like to once I reach my goal stay on here a few months while i'm maintaining and then stop logging and try to just eat healthy and exercise because i'm hoping by then i'll have learned correct portion sizes. BUT from experience, I was 161 this August and stopped logging for a little over a month an got myself up to 172 in that small matter of time.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've only been here a little over a month so I don' really know, do I? Right now I love it, I'm not stressed by the logging, I'm starting to have an idea in my head of how much I'm consuming so that when I input my food it's around about where I thought I would be.

When I first joined I set a goal of where I thought I could get, you know, hey I was that weight 4 years ago, that should be my goal. But from being on here and seeing a few particular people my goal is likely to be different - much smaller than i initially believed possible but fit and strong and defined. I kinda think that ultra goal me will still want to log because I'll still be involved in the process of being as strong as I can.

Baby steps, but baby steps get you there in the end :)
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think logging will be forever for me because it will remind me every day to do and eat exactally what I should be! And I am okay with that! :)))
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm going to log on and off my last couple of kilos to learn for myself and then have MFP to fall back on, like if I gain some weight or just want to track my intake for a while.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal a year ago.I am at 2.5 years. Will stay here as long as I enjoy my MFP Pals.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Probably! First - I like it. Second - it works.

I reached my goal weight almost two years ago, and have been logging since the beginning (I started out doing it manually using a mini notebook I carried everywhere). After two years of logging, it's an established part of my daily routine. I'm good with it.
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I think that people who used to be over weight have the potential of always getting back to where they were. I know that if I don't log that I will gain weight. I think that I'm one that will ALWAYS have to track to make sure I don't slip back into that place again.