Last night was a success!!

canadagirl79
canadagirl79 Posts: 154
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
So, remember how several weeks back, I was stressing out soooo bad about taking hubby to Boston Pizza for his birthday? Well, we checked the online menu and checked the nutrutional values and we planned PERFECTLY!!! We started with a citrus chicken salad which had 4 large slices of grilled chicken, green onion, celery, hard noodles, red pepper, lettuce of course, tangerine slices and a light dressing....it was the absolute best salad I have ever had, and it was HUGE!!!! you could easily go and have just that for a meal..and we lucked out because it was part of the alternative delicious heart health menu........and then we created our own veggie pizza....thin crust, red pepper, onion, tomato and light on the cheese.....i was a little nervous becuase i wasn't sure they would follow through and make it thin crust and be light on the cheese....well, they did it correctly.....it was sooooooooooooooooooo good.....and because they made it thin crust, we were able to have 3 pieces instead of the 2 we originally planned for....i thought they would end up making it thin crust but cut it into large pieces...but thankfully they did not....

Now the bonus is that we can home with the rest of the pizza....for the first ever.......we NEVER leave that restaurant with a take home box..LOL.....and for the first time we left there NOT feeling guilty about what we ate and didn't feel all gross and stuff....when we were eating the "old" way, of course we enjoyed the food while we were eating it, but afterwards we fell gross and groggy, etc......this time, i actually felt great and was very happy with what I ate and could actually say I ate healthy!! and it was a GREAT feeling....at least now we know what we can have and actually enjoy it....

So I am happy to say that last night was our first restaurant outing since being on a diet, and it was a SUCCESS

in all honesty, the sad thing is that you really can't eat out when your dieting...UNLESS you know that they offer healthier versions of stuff AND YOU PLAN AHEAD...i truly think that is the key to eating at a restaurant, PLAN AHEAD and then you will have NO surprises, you will know what you can and can't eat, etc

Today I woke up feeling great (except for a stuffy nose that has been aggravating me for the last couple of days) and I can actually go out for my "ladies day" and enjoy myself...ahhh, life is great :)

Replies

• flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Sounds great! I went to a pot luck and avoided most of the desserts - there were LOTS! Even brought fruit and Walden Farms no-calorie chocolate dip.

Though I did eat BBQ jalapeno chips... :-( But I didn't stuff myself.

Just a suggestion - when you have a cold/stuffy nose, I heard it is good for everyone to avoid dairy - after you enjoy the rest of the pizza. Or maybe you could freeze the pizza. My sister freezes leftover pizza and weighs a lot less than me! In fact, Ihave to avoid dairy most of the time as I get sinus infections eventually, if I don't. Since I started avoiding it, I have had only one. But I do have my "dairy meals" once in a while, sometimes dairy days!
  • dinanyc
    dinanyc Posts: 3 Member
    I just wrote my goals for today in my food notes of diary and then read your post! It wil motivate me for sure today!!!
    I'm having company and making a very high fat meal... antipasto,prociutto bread, salad with gorgonzoloa cheese,and walnuts, standing rib roast with roasted potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, spinach...
    I can't avoid the menu - it's already done, but I can totally be proactive and plan plan plan!!! First, I don't have to eat the antipasto as though I've never seen a platter of italian meats before! I can recall the swollen fingers I woke up to the last time I overindulged on that crap!!! Secondly, I can drink a ton of water ALL day before they arrive, eat low calorie foods for breakfast and lunch, and have a nice big plain salad before they come! Biggest action of all- NO PICKING while I cook and second biggest action - eating only what's on my first plate and not taking seconds!
    Maybe I should add no picking while I pack the leftovers up??? I'm sure I could easily consume 700 calories that way! No wonder I gained so much weight through the holidays!
    Ugh.

I'm glad I read your post. If you can plan it, and achieve it - so can I! :-)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    yay! you for you guys! that is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.