Kelloggs Krave cereal

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If that was in my house, i would eat the whole box....
    agreed its not breakfast but a dessert , no nutrition at all

No nutrition? Really? Check the label again. it may be *less* nutrition than some other cereals, but yes, there *is* nutrition there, carbohydrates, polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, fiber, for starters.

ooops sorry if its made with whole grains and fibre it must be nutritional :glasses:

It's all a matter of perspective, but you can't say that there is none at all.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love that cereal, only problem is I can't just eat 3/4 c. I don't have that much self control. In my fat days, I bought a box of crave and ate the entire box in one day. No lie.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    9g of sugar. Oh, the humanity.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Krave Double Chocolate is where it's at
  • love0929
    Options
    I just tried this cereal- it has chocolate(!) in the middle.Only 120 cal and 3.5 g fat for 3/4 cup serving.It gets rid of sweets cravings! happy day:)

Try not to eat cereal because that will make your cravings more frequent. It may stop them in the moment but believe me in the long run you'll regret having that chocolate cereal.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    sure does! I love it
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I just tried this cereal- it has chocolate(!) in the middle.Only 120 cal and 3.5 g fat for 3/4 cup serving.It gets rid of sweets cravings! happy day:)

Try not to eat cereal because that will make your cravings more frequent. It may stop them in the moment but believe me in the long run you'll regret having that chocolate cereal.

^^^ this, the second ingredient is sugar...its just going to spike your sugar cravings over and over
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Krave is sooooooo good. I eat it at night as the last snack sometimes if I have calories available. Absolutely not for breakfast :-)
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Definitely for a snack - not as a cereal - but it does satisfy the chocolate craving.

Compare to Praeventia cookies with 140 cal and 8g of sugar per serving.
    Lindt 65% chocolate with 180 cal and 9g of sugar per 3 squares.

I can usually get by with 1 Lindt square when I have a chocolate craving so that would be better.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Urgh... I cannot call this stuff cereal. It's more like 'tiny cookies in a box.'

Yep THIS.
    And with 9g of sugar per serving ... no thanks!

9g of sugar per serving is healthier than Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt with 18g of sugar per serving. And people think that's healthy, too.

*edit- I said Dannon Oikos, but a lot of flavored yogurts, Greek or not, have this amount of sugar in them. Not any specific brand.

^^^^The reason I try to stay away from yogurt...eventhough i like it!! :-)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    They NEED to bring back the Oreo O's cereal. Zomg, that cereal.. :love:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Krave and Cookie Crisp are the 2 cereals I eat without milk. We've had 2 boxes of Krave, but only when it was on sale $3.

I will be trying Krave+Reese Puffs. Thank you, Ed!
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous we consider this sugar loaded crap a breakfast food anymore. It's getting to the point where it's almost healthier to eat a snickers bar. At least you'd get some protein...
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I only buy it when it's on sale but if I do, I count on eating 3/4 to a whole box. I can't help it.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I've managed to lose some weight while eating a 5 cup bowl of cereal 4 nights a week AND a pint of ice cream every night. Don't let the food nazi's scare you away from cereal.
  • mama4loca
    mama4loca Posts: 181
    Options
    Love it! Though it was a tad more than 120 cals... ate the whole box in one sitting. :drinker: I don't buy cereal anymore for that reason :p

Ah haa ha Sounds like me!
  • mama4loca
    Options
    I've managed to lose some weight while eating a 5 cup bowl of cereal 4 nights a week AND a pint of ice cream every night. Don't let the food nazi's scare you away from cereal.

Wow, you lost a lot of weight- a whole person! I will listen to you! lol
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Urgh... I cannot call this stuff cereal. It's more like 'tiny cookies in a box.'

No, Cookie Crisp is tiny cookies in a box and delicious!
  • mama4loca
    Options

Mix it with Reeses Peanut Butter Puffs and thank MFP legend and all-around nice guy Ed Davenport for the idea. I just bought a box of each last night to try it, and it's quite amazing.
    Wow, sounds delish :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

your sugar intake must be quite high???