Stretchmarks = Weight loss battle scars? Let's embrace them!

Options
I started getting stretchmarks in between my thighs when I was 15 and as if that wasn't enough to make me feel insecure, when I got older and now being pregnant? I've gotten MANY, MANY more. In between my thighs, all over my stomach, starting to get some on my lower back and butt. It's ridiculous how many I've been getting. But maybe it isn't such a negative thing. Yes, I think they are hidious but hey, they will always remind us when we reach our goal weights that it was a tough journey but that we did it and they are our reminders of how strong we are or maybe you only got them because of pregnancy, then they can be our medal for carrying a beautiful, innocent, pure baby for 10 months and a week. Or whenever you delivered :) There's NOOOO problem with trying to get rid of them, but why stress over them constantly and be insecure? Let's embrace them!
1) Has anyone tried Mederma?
2) Do you worry about the appearance of your battle scars?

Replies

• akafede
    akafede Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm a men and I have a good amount of those, I gained a lot of weight pretty damn fast.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I saw a motivating picture once (I don't know how to post pictures to MFP) and it was a woman who was in very good shape but had streach marks and it said "your body is not ruined, you're a god damn tiger who earned her strips" I suppose it can be used on men too, but I think it's particularly for women who have gone through pregnancy.
  • gnmarshat
    gnmarshat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see how the look of stretchmarks changed as people got fitter! After 3 babies I have a ton, but am worried now as I get my body back finally( Im done having babies!) how they will look.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    1) Mederma's useless for stretch marks. Nothing works for stretch marks, especially old ones. Laser can help *a tiny bit*.

2) Worry? not sure it's worry, but strongly dislike? Yes. Try to disguise with fake tanner? When I can be bothered. Accept? Kind of hard to - hence the self-tanner.