Pushing 40 & pushing myself to change! Yay!

Options
Hi all!! New to MFP. But I'm sure, like most of you, I'm not new to losing weight. I've done it many, many times. This time is a total lifestyle change. So far, so good. I've always had a knack for helping others, even when I couldn't (wouldn't!!) help myself. Feel free to add me.:smile:

Replies

• dollflour
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41 and I realize that if I don't get this weight off soon I could very well be stuck with it for the rest of my life and I don't want that. I used to be in really good shape, but having an abusive husband, I turned to wine and food for comfort! Ugh! So, I am past 40 and pushing myself to change too!
  • tangopapa422
    tangopapa422 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I had a similar experience with my ex-husband. I'm now newly re-married, have two fantastic sons, and life should be great....except I feel like total crap!! haha. I've just had enough. It look me a LONG time to get here. I'm one of those people who has to be completely committed to something to make it work. And for the first time, I can truly say that I'm committed to ME. It feels great.
  • Trosemims
    Trosemims Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm knocking on 40's door myself... Next May I will turn 40 and I don't want to take this extra 30 pounds with me... We can do this!!! Add me if you like!
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    I'll be 40 in April!! And I'm determined to be as fabulous on the outside as I am on the inside! :) We CAN and WILL do this!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    40 was one of the best years of my life because I lived it healthy, fit and strong.

Life just feels better when you're better equipped to live it to its fullest :)

Best of luck to you. :heart:
  • Trosemims
    Trosemims Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! And yes we will!!!
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    40 was one of the best years of my life because I lived it healthy, fit and strong.

Life just feels better when you're better equipped to live it to its fullest :)

Best of luck to you. :heart:

Thank you!!!
  • scoutdog08
    Options
    Hi I have been using MFP for over 30 days and lost 15 pounds. I did have a camping week end and gained 3 pounds but I,m back on track and have lost two since then. Yea!
  • murmuration
    murmuration Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 on Saturday. I decided a few months it was probably now or never - I'm looking forward to seeing how my fitness and health improves in the first year of my 40s (and beyond!).

Very best of luck to you! :smile:
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    Hi I have been using MFP for over 30 days and lost 15 pounds. I did have a camping week end and gained 3 pounds but I,m back on track and have lost two since then. Yea!

That's fantastic! We're all going to have "cheat" moments, days, weekends! It's part of the process. :wink:
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This is my first year of many of being 39. Welcome and let's all get and stay skinny together!
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    This is my first year of many of being 39. Welcome and let's all get and stay skinny together!

I keep telling everyone that I'm 6 months from the 1st anniversary of my 39th birthday! :wink:
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    After 40 it's not all downhill :smile: I started getting serious about losing weight and getting healthy when I was 40 (almost 41). I'm 43 now and down 80 lbs. When I started I couldn't run to the end of my driveway. Now I'm training for my 2nd half marathon. I still have about 10 to 15 lbs to lose and they are being very very stubborn but I know that I will eventually get there. And so what if I never get to that "magic" number. I'm healthier than I've ever been and loving life.

With dedication, hardwork and a little self-forgiveness it really can be done. Everyone on here has already made the 1st step. MFP is a great too and there are some really motivating people on here. I wish everyone the best of luck and I know that all y'all will be successful in achieving your goals!!!

Feel free to add me. Somedays I really need the motivation and accountability that my MFP friends can give!
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    I am 42 and can tell you that after turning 40, I couldn't just eat what I wanted any longer without extra excercise! Our bodies do change so its awesome that you are committed and ready to get in shape !

Good Luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend. I log in daily :o)

Donna
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    just turned 43 in August but, dropped 35lbs the first few months of this year....gained 10 back over summer. Now getting back into it. Just keep positive and even when we fail (like me having a dr pepper today), do something to make up for it. :) Feel free to add
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in July and I have never felt better in my life!

I would love some Fabulous and Forty (or soon to be forty) Friends!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Just turned 41 and trying to get healthy. It's a long and bumpy road with a lot of detours, but overall I'm heading in the right direction. :happy:
  • sausagepaula
    Options
    40 in nine weeks. Gulp!! Determined not to be a frumpy forty year old!!
    Paula
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the road of sucess:smile:
    Your on the right track....keep going.
    I have been on here for just over a month and its working for me

Cheers
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm past 40 and knocking on 50's door, and I, like the rest of you have tried to lose weight in the past! Sometimes successfully and sometimes not, but now I'm on the right track and pushing forward!

If you like, you can add me!

Best of luck to you and everyone else!