Problem with sweets.

Options
I eat healthy and I exercise regularly. My only problem is I have terrible impulse control when it comes to anything sweet!
Is there anything I can do to help stop this? Its killing me, I feel so guilty afterwards.
I had no problems whatsoever giving up sodas, fast food and smoking, but this is so difficult.
And its only when the sweets are around, and I know they are there.

PLEASE can anyone help me?
I'm at a loss and I have no idea what to do.

Thanks!

Replies

• treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same.... i still cannot give sweets up! its kinda getting ridiclous!
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have the same down fall. Try yogurts. My thing is after lunch while at work so I buy welchers yogurt fruit snacks 80 calories and granola bars.... they help
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Is it only when they're around, or you just get a craving and you need to fulfill it?
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try honey roasted almonds, they are sweet but not to high in junk:)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Snap! I just go with it. Boiled sweets are great, anything from 6 cals (Ricola sugar free lozenges) to 35 cals (humbugs etc).
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same.... i still cannot give sweets up! its kinda getting ridiclous!

I second this! SMH.
  • AmandaKay26
    Options
    Its only when the sweets are around! Sorry, I forgot to add that. Its like, out of sight out of mind, but once I know they are there... its trouble.
  • mynameismita
    Options
    I used to eat 2-3 bags of gummy bears every night. At one point, I even kept a 5-lb gummy bear in my nightstand that I'd eat from before I went to bed (don't judge!). It would ruin my entire day of healthy eating and then would keep me up all night on a sugar rush. So now, I try to snack on nuts like almonds (raw or flavored) or I make a quick sorbet using one serving of frozen fruit, a tablespoon of unsweetened coconut milk, some vanilla extract and my food processor. Sometimes, I slice apples paper thin and bake them with a little cinammon and clove. Also VERY dark chocolate is great for self limiting. One piece of 95%+ cacao and I'm good.

It's not gummy bears, but it gets the job done.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I eliminated everything with added sugar in it, eliminated artificial sweeteners, and lowered my overall carbs. I killed my sweet tooth.

I do still enjoy super dark chocolate, and can only eat a small amount of it. Very satisfying. Or, I might pop a few berries in my mouth.

I've also heard that if you're craving sweet, eat some olives. The salt and fat will kill your sweet tooth. Haven't tried that one, though.