Do you ever cook your national dish?

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You mean steak with a side of salmon and pasta with dill and beer?

maybe not but im about to start doing so pretty often just based on the power of suggestion.

♥ being a Viking
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Scottish, and never once had haggis.

Also, don't even have a deep fryer.

How do you cook your Braveheart Butter Bombs then? :noway:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    English and yes Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is one of my favourites :drinker:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Picadillo with black beans and rice plus plantanos and

My wife is cuban, we have this all the time, but with the fried, squished, and fried again plantains. Once had a roast pork done the good way, where you dig a hole in the ground first and cook it there. Fantastic.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Scottish, love haggis (real and vegetarian) and cook both often... make a delicious haggis lasagna!!

Haggis lasangna sound very vomi-tworthy, i may have to try it once lol

Scottish, and never once had haggis.

Also, don't even have a deep fryer.

How do you cook your Braveheart Butter Bombs then? :noway:

Braveheart butterbombs sound amazing, im gonna invent them
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    No - I don't have a good recipe yet for Cheetos and beer
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    British...Fish, Chips and Mushy peas. But I prefer either Egg and chips or Sausage and Mash. Which probably explains why I'm here.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm alot of different things -- I identify alot with my Irish heritage tho, and I have made Irish Stew a few different times, but I much prefer to order it from a good irish pub, they just make it better...and then you get a pint of guiness too :-)
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    New Zealand. So pavlova would be the national dish (that should bring out the Aussies... :laugh: ) I have never made a satisfactory pav. Or hangi I guess (delicious), but that's a bit of a performance - build fire, heat stones, dig hole, wrap and bury food, wait a few hours, dig up... quicker just to go out and get a pie.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

My wife is cuban, we have this all the time, but with the fried, squished, and fried again plantains. Once had a roast pork done the good way, where you dig a hole in the ground first and cook it there. Fantastic.

fried, squished, and fried again plantains = tostones

you should know this
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

what about shredded beef in tomato sauce "ropa vieja"

man I could eat that all day with some picadio
  • jessicad81
    Options
    Oops! I was trying to reply to a specific person but I guess I didn't do it right.

I was trying to say that I am from Minnesota and make hotdish all the time too!
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I make a shepherds pie, which I guess could be a national dish since I'm white trinity of English, Irish and Scottish (with a German and Swede slipped in there too) But for the traditional stuff, like beans on toast of bangers and mash? No thanks, looks like poo. But I do make american stuff- cheeseburgers, meatloaf, pork chops (or is that German...?) 2-4 nights a week.
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Another Canadian, eh?

Butter Tarts

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I do like to cook a full English breakfast every now and then.
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yup I make sushi pretty frequently and we eat calrose botan rice with pretty much everything.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I am French on my fathers side and Italian on my mothers side. I like Italian cooking better because I can buy gluten free pasta but French uses heavy creams and stuff.. but sometimes I make French Fries :wink: and often I eat my soup cold :laugh:

I like Mexican food best and Japanese foods and I make Thai food sometimes too..anything I can find that is gluten & dairy free and yummy then I make it and eat it.

Oh Sarah! I LOVE asian food the best!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm German. I drink a lot of beer. Dark manly beer.

This. Beer, beer and more beer. Not that domestic crap either (Bud light/ Miller/ Coors), I'd rather drink piss.

But I love greek and Irish food the most.... :flowerforyou: Thankfully, I live in a diverse University town. There are traditional Irish and Greek restaurants within 10 minutes of my house.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm British.

I do enjoy making Toad-In-The-Hole, though.

c'mon.........am i the ONLY one dying to make a comment on this dish..?!

Lol - you think that's bad? We also have a national pudding called Spotted ****! Seriously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_****

Oops - it's apparently not an acceptable word on MFP. Spotted d i c k. :-)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You mean steak with a side of salmon and pasta with dill and beer?

maybe not but im about to start doing so pretty often just based on the power of suggestion.

♥ being a Viking

I'm moving in...