5'2" and trying to get down to 125 lbs. need a buddy!

Options

Replies

• justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and am at 136 now. My goal weight is 120-125. I walk a few times a week and do strength training 3x a week. Its a really slow loss for me. Add me if you would like.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me...i am 5'3.5 and hoping to get back down to 129ish :) i totally understand the stress in your life (my hubs is a kindergarten teacher too)...but adding even a little bit of exercise would help a TON with losing the weight and helping with stress :) i did jillian michael's 30 day shred and a few others of hers leading up to my wedding 1.5 years ago and it did wonders and made me look fabulous on my big day :) best part was the workouts were less than 30 minutes :)
  • pipnbronte
    Options
    I'm also fun-sized (5'2"). I'd love to join. Oh, and I'm a professor, so I can help you with those grad classes... :)
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5'4" I'm the amazon woman here! :laugh: I'm currently 116 and would like to see 105 or 110 lbs again. I was there this summer, but I quit smoking Aug 17 (yay) .. didn't change anything in diet .. but WHAMMO.. Sept 20 I hop on the scale after one of my favorite capri pants didn't fit and was shocked to see I gained 15 lbs! LOL whoops!

So .. here I am .. not really overweight - but needing to realize without smoking - I have to rely more on exercise than ever before to remain healthy. Healthy eating has always been my thing .. except .. sugar. Always been a sugar hound in my tea/coffee and my Mountain Dew. That's where I have to cut out the sugars .. no more sodas except as an occasional treat... reduce the other refined sugar intake .. and get out there and exercise.

Every little bit helps .. try and carve out 15 minutes a day to start .. then make that 15 minutes twice a day .. or up that to 30 minutes ..then 45 .. and so on.

Hey .. no one has time to be sick .. but if something severe enough occurs .. you make the time to go to the doctor, right? Or you have a family emergency or heaven forbid a death .. you have to make the time to return home for that, right? (sorry on the morbid reference)

You have to make the time for yourself to exercise. If it means getting up an hour earlier to exercise first thing .. then you have to do it. It's amazing how moms and dads out there .. once they have kids .. have time to squeeze in so much in their busy days .. kids' after school and extra curricular activities .. work .. anything anyone is involved with .. if it's important enough .. they will make the time.

You're making the time plan your wedding .. it's not gonna happen without your going to pick out invitations, catered foods, dresses, gifts, parties .. minister, venue for the wedding .. You can squeeze in time for a little exercise for yourself :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    5'2, 139. Trying to get to 125 (and hopefully 120 after that). April wedding!!
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and trying to get down to around 130 - 140 :smile: Feel free to add
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow ! Crazy! I am 5'3 and 135 trying to get down to 125. I had no idea there were so many others in my boat :) feel free to add!
  • jsnyder1192
    jsnyder1192 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" started at 140, currently at 137, trying to get to about 118-123 again. I've found it's very difficult and all of the advice, encouragement and motivation that MFP gives is truly a blessing.
  • LipstickandIron
    LipstickandIron Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" as well. I currently weigh 137 and my goal is to be at 125. When I reach that goal I may want to do more and shoot for 120 or 115, but I have not been that thin for a long time. I want to see as I go how I feel, how I look, etc. and will decide from there. I have slowly but surely been changing the way I eat and exercising a few times a week. I am a full-time college student and I also work full-time. In addition to that I have a few medical problems, Type 1 Diabetes, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and asthma. I am facing hip surgery this December and would like to be at my goal weight before then so I can just focus on maintaing during recovery. I would love some more friends on here for motivation and support, so please, feel free to add me! :)
  • MelidaTatiana
    MelidaTatiana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I am 5'3" and started MFP on September 17, I started at 137.5lbs(but logged 137lbs) and today (October 10 - 24 days later) I weigh 127.5lbs.

Healthy eating and exercise are working, thank God! I was always somewhat active but my eating habits were bad. My goal weight is 118lbs.

Feel Free To Add :)
  • amandajayne11
    amandajayne11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5ft. 3.5. I've just got down to 131 from 154. My aim is 122 as this is the weight I used to be. To start with I weight trained, did a little interval training and always kept my calories above my BMI but below my TDEE and had a steady weight loss of 1.2lb per week on average. I try to eat clean 90% of the time. In the last week I've started alternate day dieting and have reduced my carbs (not strictly - I eat loads of fruit and still eat potatoes sometimes). The weight loss has sped up and I'm feeling great in myself. good luck :)
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I too am just over 5'2'', and am also very tempted by my couch and blankets in this fall weather to just cuddle up with a good movie/book and usually snack too. I have recently started the 30 Day Shred. I have kept pretty consistant with it, and I think the main reason for this is because it is only 20 minutes long. Could be an opion for you. I'm only a few days in, but most of the post from others who have done it seem to have pretty good end results.
  • shatmae
    Options
    Hey! I can understand the stress meaning you don't have time to excerise in gym. Try little things throughout the day and maybe walking outside for a bit (It's not nearly as time consuming as driving to the gym, working out, showering, etc). When I worked 2 almost full time jobs while in school I had no time to workout either. Focus mostly on eating healthy.

Also I'll be your buddy for this! Also I'm 5'6 and 177, but at the beginning of the year I was 203. I have lost this weight with no intensive exercise (I have a neuromusular disorder which restricts what kinds of exercise I can do).
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1", at 129 and headed for a goal of around 110. Have lost 6+ pounds so far (I say "6+" because I lost a couple of those four or five times! ) I have problems exercising because of joint/tissue instability but work on it all the same. Am a vegan but have plenty of friends who eat meat ;) However, I am _very_ focused on healthy eating - whole foods, low fat, low salt, etc. Feel free to add me.
  • jenmcdav
    Options
    add me if you like. i totally hear where you're coming from. finding time to work out is so hard! i work full time and have two young kids. we're building a house and trying to sell our current house. finding any time to myself is almost a joke! I am 5'3'' and currently about 128. (not sure, because my 2-year-old broke our scale!)

Last year, I went from 147 in August of 2011 to 125 in January of 2012 using mfp and getting in a REALLY light work out-- like 30 minutes of jogging 3 times a week or so. With all that we have going on and the urge to hibernate settling in, I put a few pounds back on and I'm worried that it will be more if I don't nip it in the bud! my "thin" jeans that I bought when i got to 125 are really tight right now!
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I am 5.5 not sure i might be too tall for this topic.28yrs old. 147 currently trying my best to get down to 137 ish. That would be the dream. Love working out, and living in CO,usually eating healthy, but noting seems to do the trick.
    Moved to the US an year ago from Ireland, havent gained more then a couple of pounds and thats great. yet i havent reached my goal. Could use some extra motivation:) feel free to add me!
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well first of congrats on the wedding. Well I'm 5' 5" and hoping to get to 135. Right now I am currently doing the 30 day shred by jillan micheals. Its a quick but effictive work out its only 20 minutes but I works your whole body so maybe u can give it shot. But I will be more than glad to be your weight loss budy feel free to add me. Well good luck with everything
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 138. I have been trying to see 130, but would LOVE to see 125! I saw 131.8 about 2 months ago! Please add me! :)
  • sc0418
    sc0418 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Apparently there are a lot of us out there that are in this same boat! :) I'm 5'2 and stuck in the 124-128 range. I would really like to be around 110 and toned, but I too have a hard time fitting in exercise. I'm a single mom of 2 and work full time. I would love to have a buddy through all this! Feel free to add me if you would like. :)
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" also. SW was 182, CW is 143, 1st GW 140 and ultimate GW is 125. Feel free to add me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!