Pushing 40 & pushing myself to change! Yay!

Options

Replies

• tangopapa422
    tangopapa422 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 next April....I had been trying to lose the same 24lbs for years (including pregnancy weight). I've lost the baby weight and I'm slimmer then before I was pregnant. I'm lifting heavier weights and doing HIIT 4_5 per week. The scale hasn't budged for months but I'm not concerned, it's never a true reflection of the effort I'm putting in..I'm losing inches and gaining more muscle, that's all Im aiming for...age ain't nothing but a number (I feel a song coming on :-)

I'm an April baby too! I've actually put the scale AWAY and made my husband promise to only let me have it once a week. Measurements only from now on. That nasty scale won't tell me when I've lost 10 lbs of fat but gained 2 lbs of muscle. My tape measure will. :)
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 this month and it was the worst birthday!! I determined I am not hitting 41 in this shape!!! Let's kick butt!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 this month and it was the worst birthday!! I determined I am not hitting 41 in this shape!!! Let's kick butt!

I'm sorry you had a bad birthday... let's make everyday from this day forward a GREAT DAY!
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I kicked in the door to forty.....:laugh: Now 42.....:drinker: I sent your a request...Love to have more friends if anyone wants a dedicated MFP friend!!!!
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Turned 40 in May. I've been here a while and have lost about 35 lbs so far but still got a ways to go. If anyone wants to add me for mutual motivation please feel free.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    I'll be turning 44 this month. For me, I embraced my 40's way better than my 30's. I love it!

Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me :)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 48 and welcome . I have been working out for a long time so I can offer a different view as I have always been a healthy weight , it's helpful to have lot's of friends with different goals. Goodluck and stay strong!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    Just turned 45 and like others have said life doesnt stop at 40!! Getting healthy does become harder the longer you wait so i say get on track as soon as possible!! I've seen so many success stories on here among people in their 40's and 50's...so its possible if you want it bad enough. I'm always accepting new friends for mutual support so feel free to add me. No matter what stage your at or how you go about getting there i appreciate the help of good friends!!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and I am pushing me everyday!!! Met my goal and now have a mini goal in mind and maintaining! Good LUCK and you came to the right place cause MYFITNESSPAL ROCKS! lol
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    40s can be fabulous, 42 here. Competed in a race this summer (my 4th year for this race)... 2 miles of kayaking, 12.4 miles biking, 3.1 miles running.

The first 3 women to cross the finish line were all in the 40-44 age group!!! Happy to say I was 2nd... will be happier next year when I come in 1st LOL

I turned 40 in July and I have never felt better in my life!

I would love some Fabulous and Forty (or soon to be forty) Friends!
  • jgrandy2012
    jgrandy2012 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am tuning 40 in February, and want to be down to a weight I always wanted. Add me as a friend, the more support the better.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and in better shape now than I was probably all through my 30s. :bigsmile:

I had my daughter just before my 30th birthday, and spent the next 10 years or so in "mom mode" - raising a kid, getting hubby through work and school & then shift work. Weight had never been a problem before, but it started sneaking up on me year after year.

Tracking my food was a huge step in the right direction, and very eye opening. I've learned a lot about myself, and about nutrition, fitness, what to do and what not to do during my time here at MFP! I'm a lot better off than I was three years ago, and doing things that I never thought I could or would do.

Start now, the sooner the better! It's never too late, but the sooner, the better. :drinker:
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Hello, my name is..............you guessed it, and I'll be 40 in 7yrs 6months and 8days. I know it may seem like a while from now, but the speed the last 10 yrs have seem to fly by, it's coming sooner than it sounds. This is truly my first attempt at weight lose/health gain. I really like MFP. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I am converting. I've worked out for the last month and a 1/2, nothing crazy, but putting some time and energy in, and getting some energy and stamina back out. Just thought I'd share my feelings on 40 as well, like I said, it'll be around before I know it!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    People, embrace your forties. For me I feel the best I've felt since my 20's. It's just a number not who you are or your frame of mind. But holy crap, I'm closer to 50 now ;o\ .
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Recently turned 42 and also had decided to make it a lifestyle change about 7 months ago;)
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think it's true about women in their 40's. there comes with it some introspect and realization to take care of yourself, first, without feeling guilty about it!
    I turned 43 this past June and am all around in the best place in my life. Not just my weight, but my ENTIRE life. I am more mindful, aware, more engaged, more determined, happier and more alive than I've ever been... It's just been one amazing journey!
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and I am loving being in my 40s I have another 30lbs left but feel great and going through this post I am looking at how great 40 looks! we are hot! Keep up the great work! Feel free to add me it would be great to have other 40 somethings on my friend's list!
  • HashtagTraci
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42 ~ add me too :)
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! first time on the boards although I have been a member since June mostly use my phone app to log my progress.

One of my goals is to be at a good place weight and fitness wise by the time I reach 40 (I turn 39 in March next year) so am slowly but surely getting there :-)

Keep up the good work everybody!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! first time on the boards although I have been a member since June mostly use my phone app to log my progress.

One of my goals is to be at a good place weight and fitness wise by the time I reach 40 (I turn 39 in March next year) so am slowly but surely getting there :-)

Keep up the good work everybody!

Can't.... stop... looking at... your picture....