10 days in and.........

Options
dan7064
dan7064 Posts: 4 Member
Well I am 10 days into using the Myfitnesspal and it is amazing. Just by watching what I am eating, watching the portion control and walking a little more everyday I have lost 17.5 lbs. I am actually already feeling better. I know I have A LOT more to go but hey ONE STEP AT A TIME and I know I will get there. THanks myfitnesspal

Replies

• acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    17.5lbs in 10 Days, did you put that down correctly. I am proud of you, but I don't want to hurt yourself. 2 lbs a week is the recommend. Any more is bad because it can be put on just as fast as it is taken off.
  • TabathaAnn8
    Options
    Good job. When there is a drastic change in caloric intake and added movement the pounds can just melt right off. Keep it up!
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow 10 days?! I only lost 13 and its almost a month for me on the 15th. Yea I thought its 2lbs a week
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I always lose a lot the first couple weeks when I diet and then is settles in to a pound or two a week. Don't get discouraged when the weight starts coming off at a slower pace. I'm down 33 pounds in 3 months or so, Keep up the good work!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to keep in mind that everything is relative. Two pounds per week may be a good amount for someone who is on the lower end of the spectrum. However, if someone is at the higher end of morbidly obese, weight can fly off of them faster than you can track it, especially if you pair a disciplined diet with relatively extreme exercise.
  • banks89202
    Options
    Good job!
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congrats!

Naysayers, calm yourselves. Larger people, especially larger men, can drop weight pretty dramatically in the first few weeks of a new lifestyle. :)
  • dan7064
    dan7064 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input....I have only tried dieting one other time and it was with the South BEach Diet....WHat I love about this is that it is not really a diet but it id discipline and how to WATCH WHAT I EAT...this has been a huge help. It is true that a larger person as myself can lose weight quickly in the beginning, and I am actually looking forward to the point of stabilization and 2 to 3 lbs a week. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am actually getting up off my butt and moving again. I am hoping to get back down to about 235 lbs and get my health back so I can begin teaching Tai Chi once again...I miss that a great deal.

Anyways...Thanks again for all the support.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!