not eating my recommended daily calories

Options
Is it bad to not reach it if i'm trying to lose weight? (sorry if you're going to go through my diary it won't say much because i just started this site and was on another one where i was tracking it before. Lol.)
I'm not really feeling hungry at all. Is it bad if i don't reach my daily calorie intake 90% of the time? I drink 8+ glasses of water daily and if i feel like i'm hungry i usually drink water and it's gone until my next meal. So i wasn't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing! LOL. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• smokinjackd
    Options
    Nope, your calorie limit is setup to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week depending on what you set up. If you are eating a bit less you should, in theory lose more. of course there are always other variables which alter the weightless.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It depends on your calorie goal and how much you have to lose. If you are a 100 cals above or below your daily (net) calorie goal then I think that's fine - all the numbers we are working with are estimates anyway.

But, if you only have a low calorie goal to start with and you are consistently way below, then you run the risk of missing out on the energy and nutrition you need to stay healthy.
  • yomomma2b
    yomomma2b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!
    I think what it is a lot of the time is my goal is 1600cals/day but with lots of exercising my limit starts going up with how ever calories i burn (sometimes upwards of an extra 1000cals) and i'm just finding it hard to eat 2600+ calories. LOL. Is it bad if i'm burning over 1000 cals by working out in a day and not eating more then i would if i didn't work out much (less then 300cal)?
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would never go under 1200 calories a day. Maybe you are putting yourself too active with MFP. That will give you more daily calories. Try to reset your weight loss settings and see what that does. If it is still the same, instead of over drinking water, try to add a piece of fruit or some nuts in.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Yes. You will stall. Either eat or stop working out so much.
  • yomomma2b
    yomomma2b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry i should've given you all more information. Lol.
    Most of the calories i burn is from walking, i can't stop walking the dog or taking my kids to school, daycare or out on walks. Lol. But i NEVER go below 1200cals in fact i have never gone below 1400cals a day on days that i'm not so active. My question is mainly once i exercise or do daily things outdoors and my daily calories goes up is it because i have to eat more (it only says you've earned XXX amount) or is that optional? I also do Jillians 30 day shred (once a day) but i mainly do yoga because it relaxes my muscles and joints (who don't seem to like me very much these days. lol.)