I LOVE 30 Day Shred!!

Options

Replies

• LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just posted my before and after of 30 DS! Check it out!
  • Sweetie_Sammy
    Options
    I've done the 30 Day Shred a couple of times but I have never kept it up.
    I need motivation guys, someone help me! I've heard so much good reviews about it!
    I think someone should add me and motivate me every morning to do it!

Looks like your all doing so well, well done :) x
  • sunspotalli
    sunspotalli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi all, everyone seems to love this workout, but I'm wondering if someone can tell me a little more about it. I've got an injured foot and can't do anything that puts undue pressure on it (e.g., jumping, standing on only a portion of the foot, or only on one foot). Would there be enough left of the workout for this to be valuable for me?

I had a badly sprained ankle and you can still do this video instead of doing the jumping jacks and butt kicks do the punches for all of them instead all that is important is that you do cardio! you might have to watch the workout to see what i'm talking about but she even says that the punches are a great way to get in cardio of you have a lower body injury! you can still do it or a lot of it anyway I did! Good Luck
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    How hard is it on the knees?

I've read all of Jillian's videos are a little hard on the knees (and I have three of her workout sets and would agree) but you can modify to get a smaller range of motion and reduce impact somewhat.
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all, everyone seems to love this workout, but I'm wondering if someone can tell me a little more about it. I've got an injured foot and can't do anything that puts undue pressure on it (e.g., jumping, standing on only a portion of the foot, or only on one foot). Would there be enough left of the workout for this to be valuable for me?

No Level 1's exercises include Jumping Jacks, Butt Kicks & Jump Rope

I'd wait until your foot has recovered.

Thanks for the info!
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I had a badly sprained ankle and you can still do this video instead of doing the jumping jacks and butt kicks do the punches for all of them instead all that is important is that you do cardio! you might have to watch the workout to see what i'm talking about but she even says that the punches are a great way to get in cardio of you have a lower body injury! you can still do it or a lot of it anyway I did! Good Luck

Well that's good news. Do you know if there is a place online that I can watch a bit of it? I don't want to buy something yet that I'm not sure I can make the most of.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I'm on the day 6 of Level 2 and when the workout comes to an end I am sweating my skin off! Can't wait to see the results at the end of Level 3.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Today is my 6th day! :) I'm loving it!! haven't measured since I started but I feel better about myself!! Yay!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i have 30DS and RI30 and i do workouts from them 5 days a week (i do a mix of levels one and two from each. i need to get stronger before i move on to level 3 of either). i love doing these videos, they make me feels so powerful. i am definitely getting stronger, better endurance, and have lost inches (although, not really losing pounds yet... i just keep telling myself, the weight loss will come if i stick with this and keep counting calories...)
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just bought the dvd,...excited!!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is even better! Yes, her workouts are hard on the knees if you do not use proper form. This is sooooo important. The best recommendation I can make after completing both videos is to slow down and use proper form. You are doing more harm than good if you ruin your knees. Aside from that, once you build more strength, your knees will not hurt and proper form will come much easier. Good luck and kick butt!!!
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My first day killed me...I had to modify the jumping jacks. I had to do my push up on the wall..but i kept moving..took a day off cause i was soooo sore..last nite i worked my way through them ..did my push ups normal..one set of jumping jacks normal..then modified the rest of the jumping jacks.. .. I could kick myself in the butt for letting myself go again :(

But I love the workout...your not bouncing all over your living room or bedroom..so if you have limited space its great!. Im not gonna start counting down my 30 days til I can get through level 1 without any modifications.

Good Luck!

Cray~
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My first day killed me...I had to modify the jumping jacks. I had to do my push up on the wall..but i kept moving..took a day off cause i was soooo sore..last nite i worked my way through them ..did my push ups normal..one set of jumping jacks normal..then modified the rest of the jumping jacks.. ..

I'm so glad to read that someone else modifies the exercises! I do a modified jumping jack and butt kick. I also do a modified push-up but I am going to need to move to doing an upright (on the wall) push-up because I am killing my knee.

I also will not start counting my 30 days until I can get through level 1 without modifications. I figure even if it takes me 90 days to do a 30 day shred (30 days per level) I am still moving my dang body and that's worth something!
  • tashatootiebgr
    Options
    yes...its easy enough for a beginner but still very effective...you can follow 1 of the 2 girls doing the video with Jillian...one goes full on while the other does a simplier modified workout...i think you'll like it...
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 today and the improvement that I see in what I am able to do is so motivating ! :drinker:
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just started this workout this morning because it's too dark to go jogging in the morning now. I was able to do all the exercises but I was surprised how much I was sweating by the end of it. I struggle with pushups but I did what I could. I am going to do my measurements tonight. Thanks for all the posts. Great info!

How long did you do it till you went to level 2?
  • livethedream93
    livethedream93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on the shred and it's great. I decided it would be a bit of fun and I can feel the changes - It's only 20 mins also. Level one has it's easy days and not so easy days but defo getting fitter. I made a wee video for advice before you start the shred :-P http://youtu.be/oYBX3a-VdxE
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    2 days in and I want to cry. Gets better, right?
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just got this DVD and I am SUPER excited to start it and begin my MFP journey. Besides the weights (I was told 3 or 5lbs), and I have a yoga mat, do I need any other "equipment" to complete the workouts??
  • daddysgrl
    daddysgrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It is so hard and I'm a runner! I've done it about 10x but haven't measured myself since I started. I will say your endurance builds up fast! I don't love it but it's such an awesome workout so I keep doing it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!