Daily Calorie Breakdown...

Options
Just curious to find out how everyone breaks down there calories most days .... do you eat more calories in the morning? Lunchtime? Dinner? Or do you spread them out pretty evenly?

Just interested in hearing what seems to work better for everyone or if there is a way that is supposed to be healthier?

Replies

• CABERGLUND
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast and find if I have a good one, I am not very hungry until after lunch. I don't load up on dinner, just have a lean cuisine or something. My daily calorie intake is supposed to be 1,700. I have 500 in the morning, between 500 and 600 for lunch and then a snack and then the rest for dinner.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I spend most of my calories at breakfast for a good start to the day (300-400 calories, 15 - 25 g of Protien, 9-10 g of Fiber). If not, I usually find myself craving things by 9 am. Then second important is lunch. These are the two square meals that has to get me through my work day. And my snacks are roughly between 100-200 calories depending on the AM/PM schedule.

Dinner varies depending on the exercise and schedule I have.
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    I have been following a plan called the 400 Calorie Fix. You eat 4 meals a day that are 400 calories each. You can eat whatever but obviously it should be reasonably healthy. I love it!!
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is 2nd for me. Lunch is 1st and dinner is 3rd. I eat a moderate breakfast and have a mid-morning snack, I end up loading up for lunch and my dinner tends to be more of a snack - I usually have to push myself to eat more for dinner to get to my calories. I avoid the starchy food at dinner time and so dinner would be fruit or soup and salad or a protein shake or a bowl of cereal. Something like 300-400 breakfast, 600 lunch, and 300 for dinner.
  • rufatbob
    Options
    Ive heard eat breakfast like a king lunch like prince and dinner like a pauper
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I eat ALL day LOL

beacause i am a boredom eater and have a desk job i eat a few small meals and snacks all day :)

Usually lunch is my "heaviest" meal so that i don't eat heavy at night especially if I am going to a fitness class i dont like to eat heavy before so i have a good snack before and after :)
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Interesting! I just recently started with the big breakfast and it definitely makes me stay full for a long time. I've been having a small lunch and then a big dinner, but I think I need to switch and have a smaller dinner. I thought making dinner bigger would help with the after dinner munchies & cravings, but it hasn't! I just need to cut out the after dinner snack all together!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I have been following a plan called the 400 Calorie Fix. You eat 4 meals a day that are 400 calories each. You can eat whatever but obviously it should be reasonably healthy. I love it!!

So is your calorie goal 1200? And if it is you dont eat any snacks? My calorie goal is 1200 and I'm still trying to figure out how to divide them out through the day. I feel like I am always hungry and I try to save like 400 cals for snacks that I can have, im just wondering if that would work for me...4 meals at 400 cals each.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options

So is your calorie goal 1200? And if it is you dont eat any snacks? My calorie goal is 1200 and I'm still trying to figure out how to divide them out through the day. I feel like I am always hungry and I try to save like 400 cals for snacks that I can have, im just wondering if that would work for me...4 meals at 400 cals each.

4 x 400 = 1600 if you are only eating 1200 (which is pretty low) then you would only be eating either 3 x 400 or 4 x 300

if you always feel hungry i would say that is a pretty good indication you're not eating enough? or that you need a bit more protein/fibre to stay satiated?
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options

If you are always hungry then I would also say maybe you need more calories. How many pounds per week did you say you wanted to lose when doing your goals? When I put it at 2lbs/wk it gave me 1200 calories, but I was feeling hungry a lot, so I changed it to 1.5 lbs/wk and it put me at 1330. I feel much better with the increase in calories.

Do you eat your exercise calories?
  • cullensbrunette
    Options

I think you need to eat more!! My calorie goal is 1600 and I usually dont eat all of my exercise calories. I am doing the Slim In 6 workout and the Beach Body website said I only need to eat 1582 calories to lose weight. Some days I dont eat all 400 calories each meal but I make it up with snacks or I eat a little more at the next meal. You should try it!! Go here: www.400caloriefix.com. ALso Rachel Ray did a segment about it on her show. Go to her shows website and you can watch it! Good luck. =)