Let's Get Fit!!

Options
Hello! I'm brand new to this site and looking for new fit buddies!

As of February of this year I have lost about 80 pounds. Sounds scary unhealthy right? Wrong. I was scary unhealthy before. After getting dumped, I admit I stopped eating for a week out of depression, and did in fact lose 10 pounds. The 10 pounds made me see how better off I was, and what I could be.

Instead of the not eating diet (dangerously unhealthy!!!! never do!!!) I decided to overhaul everything I had been doing prior. For example, that Chipotle I literally ate every day. Stopped. Not completely, but certainly not everyday! I cut out soda. I drank a whole lot more water. I ate sensible meals, supplemented shakes, and stopped eating after 8:00 pm.

The biggest change I made, however, was with exercise. I was a sloth before. I could barely make it up my stairs without becoming winded. Now, I challenge myself to do between 1-3 hours a day. It sounds intense, but it's really not. Certain days I will simply go to the gym for an hour. On heavy workout days, my friend and I will will go for an hour, hour and a half walk & chat, and then finish it off with some intense (but super fun!) WII Just Dance for an hour or so. I was amazed at the pounds that came melting off me doing this.

I understand that the bigger you are, the quicker a whole bunch of weight comes off. But I truly believe in healthy diet, active lifestyle. I'm 80 pounds lighter because of it.

I have joined this site because I still have 45 pounds to go until I reach my ultimate weight goal. I've done a lot of this on my own, but everyone needs a solid support system to take the weight off, AND keep it off!

Regardless of your calorie intake, your fitness level, age, gender, etc. join me in a quest for being fit!! I promise to support & encourage you, if you make the same pledge!

Replies

• MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 80 pound loss!! That is quite an accomplishment, Andrea! MFP is a great way of tracking your food and exercise - I think it will definitely help you with the last 45 pounds.
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can add me and join my group if you like... :)

And if you’re looking for more friends you can join my support group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work, it feels amazing when you take back your life :)

Here's a funny I saw! :)

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human’s skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony
  • AndreaNicole0887
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support and kind words! I've barely been on this site an hour and already I can tell it's going to be an amazing place to be! I look forward to becoming inspired by each and every one of you!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Welcome!!!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow. You sound super motivated and determined. Great job on your success so far!
    I think it's awesome you are able to squeeze in that much time for exercise!
    Feel free to add me.
  • courtneyxjayne
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing loss! If you want to add me feel free, Im on here daily and always commenting on things and whatnot! :)
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I see all the good habits you are trying to make. And I understand how a break-up started those changes! Every change starts with a step and "sticking" with it
    All the power to you!!!
    :smile:
  • AndreaNicole0887
    Options
    Thank you all again! Honestly, I've been on here less than I think 4 hours and the support is already pouring in!! Yes the breakup definitely started these changes, and while it wasn't the most pleasant part of my year, it certainly has made me a better person for it! And finding time in my day was challenging. What it came down to was convincing my good friends to join my workout party! Not to mention we can still go out on the weekends... dancing at the bar is both fun and healthy!!

Thanks again guys! I'm adding you all and look forward to helping each other out!!

-Andrea