Anatomy of a Potentially Self-Destructive Binge Averted

Options

Replies

• MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    BAM!

This just proves that along with your body changing (WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!)...your mind is following right along with the change. That's a HUGE victory! This proves that you've decided to change your life...not just 'diet' for awhile
  • gennaclaire
    gennaclaire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Loved it. Thanks, Scott!
  • mylove0mylife
    Options
    Great post!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Another inspiring post and another reminder I needed. So glad you're my friend!
  • meonpc
    meonpc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a wonderfully inspirational post. Thank you so much. I know I will come back to it on multiple occasions. But while reading it, and trying to ignore the salivating (your description of eating the candy bar was too good!), a thought/question occurred to me -- what did people do about cravings in the days before prepared food was available? In the days when you had to hunt and harvest and create everything from scratch? Did we even have cravings? If Babe Ruth bars did not exist, or anything like them, did people crave berries? Rabbit meat? Is it possible for us today, to alter our cravings or is it too late because we know too much?

Hmmm......
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Great job, Scott! You are such an inspirational person and I'm rooting for you every day!

:heart: Leah
  • xshesinpartiesx
    Options
    I love this. Your writing is a pleasure to read, and the message is a good one!
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Very well written and insightful! Thanks.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Partly because I was just watching Ghostbusters last night (coincidence??) and partly because of the awesome writing. You have a talent man! It's all also completely true. A little of what you love will take you a long way, but first you've gotta recognise that. Well done for your amazing control and self realisations!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Great post and well done man! I'm not sure if the technique will work for me as my own gozer tends to work extremely fast and has done the damage before I even know what happened. But I'm certainly gonna keep it in mind. Thanks for sharing (and great writing btw).
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are my NEW HERO! Thank you for putting into eloquent words the game I've been playing with myself. It's nice to know it works for others too and aren't just a game. For me, when I treat it as a game or a joke on myself it's easier to take. Thanks again!:heart:
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    This was a good read :drinker: Unfortunately, for me, I have to stay completely away from the sweets/goodies I crave because I have absolutely no self control with them even when I am "positive" I'll stop before I eat the entire thing. Added you, btw
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    My Dozer comes in the form of sushi and Chinese food. I ttry to only have it once or twice and month and be sure I go for the healthier side of these foods.
    Your post was highly entertaining and super helpful!
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    ty Key Master :)
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That post was full of WIN.

I'm saving it to my internet favourites for fast access in case of future binge-roo cravings!

GOOD ON YOU SCOTT!! Thanks. x
  • Grandmasboy2852
    Options
    Awesome post! Totally know the feeling... Averted a similar one as well last night... well not completely but I showed much more control that I did in the past...
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow. I love hearing your emotions step by step through this little manic phase....how you reasoned & monitored your emotions, your stomach, your state of mind. I keep a pic of myself at my heaviest hanging from my rearview mirror...if i ever find myself buying a super size fiy, i look at the pic & throw them out the window:)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    RIGHT ON! :)
  • wendyjane75
    wendyjane75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! That's got to feel good that you took control of the situation instead of it taking control over you. You've come a long way in just 2 1/2 short months! Proud of you man!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for the motivational post. :)