Skinny Girls- do guys like that?

Options
OK, I just wondered, I am a fat gay guy so I know nothing about this, and of course I do realise that different men have different tastes.

BUT, they thing is, while the idealised view of beauty is slim in the media, you actually find very few guys who admit to liking very slim women. Guys say they like 'curves'(i would question that skinny girls DONT got curves, they still women!), or a little softness whatever. If someone says stuff like that it is met with approval. People saying that skinny girls arent so feminine or as pretty etc.

But I do wonder if this is sort of a social desirbaility bias- like men saying they like it because it is socially acceptable, even makes them seem really NICE. Because it is just not the done thing for a guy to say he prefers really skinny/'size 0' or whatever.
I have 2 good friends who are very slim-UK size 4 ish/US size 0. And when we go out, they get plenty attention from men (an why not? They are beatiful ladies!) So some guys clearly like it really!!Skinny isn't the same as looking anorexic or ill.

I KNOW that heavier people get prejudice and made to feel ugly, I mean I weighed over 400lbs at my highest, sonot denying that at all.But I o feel there is a gap between what is socially correct for men to say they like, an what they really like. I do think plenty men like skinny women, it is just some how seen as better to act like they less good looking!!

Sooo, what does any think? Any guys here able to admit to liking skinny girls?
xxxx

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Terms like "skinny" or "curvy" are subjective.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think on this site you will not really get honest answers.

I have to admit that when I see 20-something skinny college girls on the beach, I stop and look and have very dirty thoughts. I might even stare a little too long. LOL

But, in general, I like more curvy girls that are fit and strong and in good shape, but that wouldn't be classified as "skinny".
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    we in a recession and it is cold outside need a woman with some meat on her bones to keep the heating bills low
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I can tell you my husband LOVES the heck outta my "skinny" athletic curves.... that's just one guy in a sea of a bajillion with his own opinion. What do YOU think? Do You find those women attractive? Because, I think that is all that should matter, really....
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Yes

No

Who cares?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Yes. I like women.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    OK, I just wondered, I am a fat gay guy so I know nothing about this, and of course I do realise that different men have different tastes.

BUT, they thing is, while the idealised view of beauty is slim in the media, you actually find very few guys who admit to liking very slim women. Guys say they like 'curves'(i would question that skinny girls DONT got curves, they still women!), or a little softness whatever. If someone says stuff like that it is met with approval. People saying that skinny girls arent so feminine or as pretty etc.

But I do wonder if this is sort of a social desirbaility bias- like men saying they like it because it is socially acceptable, even makes them seem really NICE. Because it is just not the done thing for a guy to say he prefers really skinny/'size 0' or whatever.
    I have 2 good friends who are very slim-UK size 4 ish/US size 0. And when we go out, they get plenty attention from men (an why not? They are beatiful ladies!) So some guys clearly like it really!!Skinny isn't the same as looking anorexic or ill.

I KNOW that heavier people get prejudice and made to feel ugly, I mean I weighed over 400lbs at my highest, sonot denying that at all.But I o feel there is a gap between what is socially correct for men to say they like, an what they really like. I do think plenty men like skinny women, it is just some how seen as better to act like they less good looking!!

Sooo, what does any think? Any guys here able to admit to liking skinny girls?
    xxxx

If you want a truthful answer from a guy, start the question with "no matter how you answer, you won''t be getting laid."
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Skinny in all the right places would be the catch. Skinny around the waist, legs, & arms but a big dunk and chest are preferred. Skinnny all the way down is not my ideal woman.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    curious as to answers ...........I really think you will find everyone has different taste some men like skinny girls, some men like curvy girls , some men like really heavy girls same goes for women some women like skinny guys , some women like bigger built guys and some women like heavy or very big guys....just my opinion

I think you should try to get the body you feel most comfortable with not what the majority likes
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    In my personal experience there was a difference in the way people looked and treated me when I was heavy at 215 and now to 130.

When I was heavier I would hear people commenting about how big I was or how I needed to lose the weight. Plus men wouldn't look at me the way they do now which I find it funny. Either way I'm happy and healthy no matter.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Slim = Yes
    Anorexic = No
    Curvy = Yes
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    did i ask a stoopid qustion? I just was interested, because i see a discrepency between what i notice guys being attracted to and what they will admit to. gy guys got no problem saying they find slim, toned guys hot, don't tend to go round saying they just like my average body guys hehehe
  • JLand918
    JLand918 Posts: 156
    Options

I have to admit that when I see 20-something skinny college girls on the beach, I stop and look and have very dirty thoughts. I might even stare a little too long. LOL

But, in general, I like more curvy girls that are fit and strong and in good shape, but that wouldn't be classified as "skinny".

I feel same but I like to add when I look at the skinny college girls etc I also in my mind say "Enjoy it now in a few years you wont look like that anymore, say bye to those shorts with the word Sexy across your *kitten*!"
  • Debbatron
    Options
    ipuffyheartcompeting -I don't think he is attracted to skinny girls, simply because he said, "I am a fat gay guy..." ;)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I guess they must do otherwise we wouldn't see skinny girls with boyfriends/husbands lol!!

Of course they like skinny girls.
    Options

I feel same but I like to add when I look at the skinny college girls etc I also in my mind say "Enjoy it now in a few years you wont look like that anymore, say bye to those shorts with the word Sexy across your *kitten*!"

only if they treat their body like a dumpster and let themselves go, but I'll never get why anyone would wear shorts or pants with words across their butts..... weird.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    When guys say "curvy" they mean.......boobs & bums, for the most part.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    My husband to be likes that I'm not skinny and not fat. He likes me where I am and if I so choose to lose more or happen to gain a bit, he will still love me as is.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder.
    Options
    ipuffyheartcompeting -I don't think he is attracted to skinny girls, simply because he said, "I am a fat gay guy..." ;)

good catch. I did not see gay when I first read it. I saw fat gy guy..... wondered what that meant.... now I know.