Help!

Options
Kanderson47
Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
Hi everyone..Ive been having dry itchy skin lately....and its driving me absolutely crazy....Ive been using lotion after lotion but its NOT helping....I'm totally serious about it drivin me crazy.........has everyone ever have this problem??? I always have had dry skin BUT never ever this itchy before....Anyone out there for some advice OR anyone out there ever have this problem? :sad:

Replies

• meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Hey there, your skin cells may be going through a major cleanse right now. This can happen for some people on a yearly basis, others at other interavals. Something that has helped me a lot is to use baby oil right after taking a shower. My skin is always dryer in the winter times (I do live in Maine) and find baby oil to be a wonderful thing for my dry skin. I also use Eucerin, which does not have alcohol and other chemiclas that several other creams have. Alcohol also dries out the skin, so it's almost like a catch 22. If you're still having issues you may want to speak with a dermatologist? I wish you well!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have finally found the one lotion that actually works. My elbows were literally cracked open, so painful and sometimes bled in the winter. I started putting on Gold Bond Ultimate softening with Shea Butter and it healed my elbows. I think it's like $9 for a bottle but so worth it. I keep it in the bathroom so when I get out of the shower, I put it on everywhere and it has stopped the itching cause my skin is now hydrated.
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bag balm has helped my husbands dry skin. We're talking dry and red to the point of cracking and bleeding. He would put it on his hands, which were the major problem, at night, and then put on a pair of cotton gloves to keep from rubbing it off, and sleep with it all night. I have used it for my feet the same way, wear socks to bed and overnight it. Worked great. We get it at walmart in the pharmacy section, it comes in a tin.

Edit to say, it's not a Rx, it's on the shelf around where they have bandaids and stuff for us. Also, I can't use most soaps because of that reason, but Aveeno with oatmeal body wash helped greatly also, the one with no perfumes or extras whatsoever.
  • SGailS10
    SGailS10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There could be lots of stuff going on with you...on set of menapause ( I was through it at age 44), stress (divorce)!!! I went through that too. If it is in patches, it might be a type of psoriasis. I have that and use a steroid creme called chlobetasol...it is maraculous for me. Take care of yourself...more baths with oil, play Frank Sinatra. The more stressed I was, the more everything itched. It was a vicious cycle. Blessings to you.
  • Kanderson47
    Options
    There could be lots of stuff going on with you...on set of menapause ( I was through it at age 44), stress (divorce)!!! I went through that too. If it is in patches, it might be a type of psoriasis. I have that and use a steroid creme called chlobetasol...it is maraculous for me. Take care of yourself...more baths with oil, play Frank Sinatra. The more stressed I was, the more everything itched. It was a vicious cycle. Blessings to you.

Its funny you mention menopause...because I do think it has something to do with that...I believe I am premenopausal right now..and Im going to see a gynecologist on March 9th to see if I can get answers..thanks!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, try drinking more water. Also, I found some lotion that I LOVE! Gold Bond Ultimate Healing w/ Aloe - try some of that? Lemme know how you like it?
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I have finally found the one lotion that actually works. My elbows were literally cracked open, so painful and sometimes bled in the winter. I started putting on Gold Bond Ultimate softening with Shea Butter and it healed my elbows. I think it's like $9 for a bottle but so worth it. I keep it in the bathroom so when I get out of the shower, I put it on everywhere and it has stopped the itching cause my skin is now hydrated.

HA! I just suggested Gold Bond w/ Aloe... I LOVE GOLD BOND! :P
  • Kanderson47
    Options
    Hmmm, try drinking more water. Also, I found some lotion that I LOVE! Gold Bond Ultimate Healing w/ Aloe - try some of that? Lemme know how you like it?

I'm going to Walmart tonight to get some..thank you!
  • Kanderson47
    Options
    You know what? I want to help all you people for replying to my post. It really means alot to me. You guys are awesome..I just love this site!