Leftover baby belly...

Options
13»

Replies

• ksmorck
    ksmorck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have this from just being way too fat!

I have to ask doesn't the op casue scars anyway so they put them either in your natural waist line or low down under your panty line but if you ahve the kind of skin that doesn't bounce back it will probably scar.

So in one way or another you have an issue naked - does not seem worth it to me

Give it some more time, lotion or Palmers oil, water, and I heard MSM a collegen suppliement can all help

I don't know never really looked into it but can't be worse than the c-section scar! The scar honestly doesn't bother me or my husband, it can be hidden under a panty line. Just all the extra stuff that can even be seen through certain clothes!
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    There are many people commenting with very valid points.

Personally, I wouldn't even THINK about it if you plan on having more children. No good could come of doing something just to make yourself feel sexier/better about yourself NOW. I would think a good plastic surgeon would question if you're done having kids before telling you straight off that you're a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck (basically). *shrugs*
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Personally, I wouldn't even THINK about it if you plan on having more children. No good could come of doing something just to make yourself feel sexier/better about yourself NOW. I would think a good plastic surgeon would question if you're done having kids before telling you straight off that you're a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck (basically). *shrugs*

Agreed with you for sure!
  • ksmorck
    Options

Agreed with you for sure

In fact he did & said he would never do it unless I was sure no more kids.
  • ksmorck
    Options
    AND one more time this was not a question about the doctor's motives.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It seems a bit premature for the doctor to tell you this now. Don't let it discourage you! There are people all over the place that have proven doctors wrong! i would wait and then reassess after you reach your goal. SN: if it becomes a medical issue, your health insurance company would pay for surgery. i know that i have seen people lose weight and then the extra skin became an issue - similar to some insurance companies paying for a breast reduction if they have medical documentation that this is causing an adverse health condition. Finally, my suggestion would be to make sure that you are done having children before considering surgery. i am struggling with this same issue - i'm 5'3" & had 2 c-sections 13 months apart. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :-)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it takes 2 years for your body to return to normal after a baby.

I had my 2 22 months apart, and my youngest will be 17 months tomorrow, so I'm hoping by the time she turns 2 in May I will have lost a lot of my mummy tummy!

I didn't have a c-sec with either of mine, but I did put on a lot of weight with my 2nd and have lost about 45lbs now. I'm smaller than before I had my 1st child now, but my belly is still not how i'd like it to be.

I personally don't care if by body isn't perfect, i'd be happy to get rid of the muffin top in my US size 8 trousers! I'm 35 and I have 2 kids...I don't need to look like a model. I'd never consider surgery, i'd rather save that money for my children to go to university.
  • ksmorck
    Options
    I've heard that it takes 2 years for your body to return to normal after a baby.

I had my 2 22 months apart, and my youngest will be 17 months tomorrow, so I'm hoping by the time she turns 2 in May I will have lost a lot of my mummy tummy!

I didn't have a c-sec with either of mine, but I did put on a lot of weight with my 2nd and have lost about 45lbs now. I'm smaller than before I had my 1st child now, but my belly is still not how i'd like it to be.

I personally don't care if by body isn't perfect, i'd be happy to get rid of the muffin top in my US size 8 trousers! I'm 35 and I have 2 kids...I don't need to look like a model. I'd never consider surgery, i'd rather save that money for my children to go to university.

You are so right about the money! Thank you for that perspective!