Advice needed, from a very worried Mom! please help?

Options
I am hoping some of you can give me some advice or reassurance please, I am going out of my mind here and not sleeping?

The story is...my youngest of 2 sons (they are both security/close personal protection officers) He is 24 yo..

He usually phones me every 2 or 3 days. I have not heard anything for 10 days, he went for a 3 night holiday with a girl friend to Spain, he phoned me when he got home 1st October to say they had a good time and he was going back to work in the same protection job that he was in before he went on his break.

I have never heard from him since! I have 3 mobile phone numbers for him and all of them are dead. My eldest son usually speaks with him every couple of days also, but he has not been contacted either!

I have joined lots of social networking sites where I have seen his name and sent messages asking for him to phone me, what do I do now???

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Anyone have some advice? I am so in need of some suggestions?
  • retrosandy1
    Options
    CONTACT KNOWN FRIENDS, GET WORK #'S, CALL LOCAL POLICE AND HAVE A WELL BEING CHECK !! YOU ARE A CONCERNED MOM !! DO IT NOW ! I WILL SEND LOVE AND PRAYERS YOUR WAY !

SANDY
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Do you know the name of the company he works for? Can you call them to see if he's come to work?
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Try to stay calm. Can you contact the girlfriend? Or where He works? Any other numbers of friends there?
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have worked in a 911 center for most of my life, and I would recommend that you call whatever police agency works in his area, tell them you cannot make contact with them, and ask them to go to his house and check on him. Give them as much info as you can, incuding information about what kind of car he drives. I run a center in a college town, and this happens a lot! Most of the time it turns out that the children are fine, and the officers tell them to make contact with parents. And on the off chance that things are not fine, you can get police involved to report him as missing, etc. Good luck to you.
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the others, but also call the landlord. Call his boss also.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Try contacting his employer. They're the ones most likely to have knowledge of his current whereabouts / when he was last seen. Security / Protection is an odd job because it involves reacting to someone else's timeline and plans. It's also a job that can be underappreciated and not given enough support when changes come. Plus, even we devoted sons can be overwhelmed.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    if he's used this site contact the administrators and see if they can get you access to his profile and copies of the messages he's posted. same thing with other social sites. contact the police as well.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I really don`t know the name of the company he works for?? Neither does eldest son? I do not know his address as it is `secret` due to his job.

We live in UK, I know he was living in Manchester, and I know the CPP was in Wolverhampton, but this is all I know!

So this is my problem if I contact the police in the UK, I don`t have any information to give them, but I am laying awake at night wondering if he is dead somewhere and I have no information to give anyone to find him, or they have no information to find me?

I know I am am clutching at straws here asking for help, but it is the first time I have turned to this communinty to ask for help?

I am so struggling :-(
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    CONTACT KNOWN FRIENDS, GET WORK #'S, CALL LOCAL POLICE AND HAVE A WELL BEING CHECK !! YOU ARE A CONCERNED MOM !! DO IT NOW ! I WILL SEND LOVE AND PRAYERS YOUR WAY !

SANDY
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    1. check if he's been in to work
    2. call the police and get them to go over to his house

this must be really stressful for you :(

edit: reading your post above i guess that this is null and void.

I;d still call the police

wont his national security number be able to tell you where he works?
  • preaser
    preaser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do you know anyway to contact the girlfriend? Does your other son know any of his friends?
    Call the authorities and get their advice. They can check into the cell phones perhaps and see where the last 'pings' were.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Try contacting his employer. They're the ones most likely to have knowledge of his current whereabouts / when he was last seen. Security / Protection is an odd job because it involves reacting to someone else's timeline and plans. It's also a job that can be underappreciated and not given enough support when changes come. Plus, even we devoted sons can be overwhelmed.

I was going to say this as well. Someone who works with them has to know something
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Did you call the girlfriend? Call 911 and give them what information you do have.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

THIS!! Please .. set up a Facebook page with a picture of him and his full name and start posting everywhere .. and getting your friends to post as well!

If you must .. hire a private detective to hunt and search for him some how. Use the local police .. try and find him!!! ASAP!!

My thoughts are with you.. I hope you find him soon!!!! :heart:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I really don`t know the name of the company he works for?? Neither does eldest son? I do not know his address as it is `secret` due to his job.

We live in UK, I know he was living in Manchester, and I know the CPP was in Wolverhampton, but this is all I know!

So this is my problem if I contact the police in the UK, I don`t have any information to give them, but I am laying awake at night wondering if he is dead somewhere and I have no information to give anyone to find him, or they have no information to find me?

I know I am am clutching at straws here asking for help, but it is the first time I have turned to this communinty to ask for help?

I am so struggling :-(

Call the police where the CPP is and explain your situation. They may know the business and be able to make contact with them and have them contact you. Good luck and best wishes.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I would contact the police.

I am a crazy mom and I would already be in his hometown searching for my son if I didn't hear from him for 10 days.

I hope you hear from him soon!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Don't know how to help you. I'd contact the police either way. What an awful time for you. Hope you get some answers really soon x
  • CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would definitely try to contact the place he works and ask if he's gone to work. Also call 911 and have them check up on him. Good luck!!