any tips to improve grade I have a c and its mideterms!

Options
middle of semester~

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    cut out the processed sugars
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    middle of semester~

With the abundance of information you've provided it's going to take me a while to process it all and give good advice
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Get off the internet and start studying! NOW!! :flowerforyou:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

WINNER!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

Get lots of omega 3 for brain health (ie fish), and get a decent amount of sleep.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    flash cards are usually good. What class is it?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    sleep with the teacher?
  • warsenic
    Options
    you really need to talk to your professors about it.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Depends, what type of class is it?
  • Wysteriajo
    Options
    Meet with your professor. Ask specifically what concepts or skills you are not catching on to, and if he or she can recommend a tutor. Smile, be polite and positive - own your grade, it is the professor's honest assessment of your success in learning the material presented, not a statement about your personality.
    If you choose to email, do it more professionally than this post. Include a polite salutation ("Dear Professor"), complete and properly punctuated sentences, and a closing that includes your contact information.

Honestly, approaching a professor in a professional, cooperative way goes a long way toward making him or her want to help you succeed.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Meet with your professor. Ask specifically what concepts or skills you are not catching on to, and if he or she can recommend a tutor. Smile, be polite and positive - own your grade, it is the professor's honest assessment of your success in learning the material presented, not a statement about your personality.
    If you choose to email, do it more professionally than this post. Include a polite salutation ("Dear Professor"), complete and properly punctuated sentences, and a closing that includes your contact information.

Honestly, approaching a professor in a professional, cooperative way goes a long way toward making him or her want to help you succeed.

This
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    would help if we knew what you were studying... or not studying? :drinker:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    would help if we knew what you were studying... or not studying? :drinker:

lol. This!

Surely you have some sort of course tutor you can go to for advice?

Otherwise, get plenty of sleep and study, study, study. I used to make spider diagrams of info, summarise notes, use different colours, test myself, look at past exam papers etc.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    http://parker.kuivi.la/projects/selfrestraint.html

this is a program that you can set up with a timer, and that will not allow you go on certain websites for a time. when i need to do work, i turn this program on. i have sites like faceook, mfp, icanhascheeseurger, etc.

also, you need to say "i will work for X hours" and stick to it. do the hard sujects first.

good luck.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    As someone hoping his students get a clue, I will give you the advice I give my students... If possible talk to the professor! No one can truly help you without knowing the particulars of what you are studying and what assignments/assessments have taken place to this point. Talk to the teaching assistants if there are any or go to the tutoring center... Look up the test bank questions from previous terms the professor has taught... Read, read, read, and then read some more... Educate yourself if the professor is unable or unwilling to help you become educated. At the end of the day the only person that can educate you is you.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Judging by the topic name I would say try using a spelling and grammar checker before turning anything in...
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Judging strictly by the title of this thread and the over abundant wealth of information given in the first post...I would suggest you be very, very happy with the C.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    what class? English? Math?