Advice needed, from a very worried Mom! please help?

Options

Replies

• BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options

So this is my problem if I contact the police in the UK, I don`t have any information to give them, but I am laying awake at night wondering if he is dead somewhere and I have no information to give anyone to find him, or they have no information to find me?

You know his name and his DOB, that will be enough for starters.
  • SuperKeely
    SuperKeely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really don`t know the name of the company he works for?? Neither does eldest son? I do not know his address as it is `secret` due to his job.

We live in UK, I know he was living in Manchester, and I know the CPP was in Wolverhampton, but this is all I know!

So this is my problem if I contact the police in the UK, I don`t have any information to give them, but I am laying awake at night wondering if he is dead somewhere and I have no information to give anyone to find him, or they have no information to find me?

I know I am am clutching at straws here asking for help, but it is the first time I have turned to this communinty to ask for help?

I am so struggling :-(

You have his phone numbers, I would give those to the police. Mobile phones can be traced. I hope you get some answers.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    CONTACT KNOWN FRIENDS, GET WORK #'S, CALL LOCAL POLICE AND HAVE A WELL BEING CHECK !! YOU ARE A CONCERNED MOM !! DO IT NOW ! I WILL SEND LOVE AND PRAYERS YOUR WAY !

SANDY

Thank you for your love n prayers Sandy, but the rest of it is not so easy,I have no contacts or numbers to phone...I don not know who he works for or his address!!!

Should I leave it another couple of days??? I don`t want to make a fool of myself if he is working, but any of you parents out there will know how I am feeling!!!
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Even though you don't know his place of work or address, you should still contact the authorities. They have ways of finding these things out and can go check on him. I hope you're able to find him well very soon.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    oh wow! I would freak as well..... Go to his work and talk to them. That is your only option.... You defiantly need to know. Good luck.....
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The police may be able to contact his bank to see if there has been any withdrawal xxxx there are lots of other ways he can be tracked xxxx no news is good news hugs from me xxxx
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Call your local police station and report him missing. Give them whatever information you have (even if it is sketchy) and let them do their job. They can run checks through the Inland Revenue, Customs & Excise, and DWP. Good luck!
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Praying for you please do keep us updated.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Like one other person said, you have his name, date of birth-all that info so you can and should call the police. They'll be able to look into it further and find out where he works even if you can't know. If you have a facebook page and he does, send an email to some of his friends on there that you know he's close to or his girlfriend if she's on there. Doing something is better than nothing and maybe it can help ease your mind while you're waiting for answers. Good luck
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Definitely try and use any friends to figure out where he may be and anything you can about who he works for. Without location / employment info, tracking will be hard. The best you might be able to do is report him as a missing person to the police and hope they may be able to track something via his cell phone records (I don't know the legal requirements for that in the UK).

I'm somewhat surprised that the "secret" nature of his job precludes you from getting any kind of address or contact information. Usually entities that require that much secrecy would have some sort of cover, a front office to field your attempts to reach him, OR would tell your son to tell you to expect him to drop off the grid on occasion. Someone disappearing and / or having no way to reach them tends to smell fishy and draw attention.
  • shellyhef1
    Options
    Is NikkNak85 back?
  • kgprncss01
    kgprncss01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family! please call the police and just give them any information you can. maybe they can go to his house, or the employers. Your his mom, he is your son, you can never be too worried, or too concerned. I think you are being very resourceful using social networking. Please keep us updated!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your advice, and I do have his DOB and insurance number and bank account details!!

So am going to phone police tomorrow and give them all these details that I never thought about....it has given me something to cling onto for today!

Thank you so much for your advice xx
  • TraceAT
    TraceAT Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My eldest son is 24 yrs too. I totally understand how you feel.
    You should be able to report him as a missing person, so definitely call your local police station - they should be able to give you advice on the situation at least!
  • JamieS04
    Options
    I have worked in a 911 center for most of my life, and I would recommend that you call whatever police agency works in his area, tell them you cannot make contact with them, and ask them to go to his house and check on him. Give them as much info as you can, incuding information about what kind of car he drives. I run a center in a college town, and this happens a lot! Most of the time it turns out that the children are fine, and the officers tell them to make contact with parents. And on the off chance that things are not fine, you can get police involved to report him as missing, etc. Good luck to you.

This sounds like the best advice to me!!!!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you have his bank account information, police can get his bank records, including paycheck deposits or direct deposits. They can find where he works that way. And someone along the line, bank, P.O. Box people, someone has to have a direct mailing address. You can't be completely off the grid. Good luck!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Is NikkNak85 back?

i was thinking something very similar :S and felt guilty for it too!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Praying for you. I would be freaking out, too. Please keep us posted.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Why not call now?? I wouldn't wait at all!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    CONTACT KNOWN FRIENDS, GET WORK #'S, CALL LOCAL POLICE AND HAVE A WELL BEING CHECK !! YOU ARE A CONCERNED MOM !! DO IT NOW ! I WILL SEND LOVE AND PRAYERS YOUR WAY !

SANDY

Thank you for your love n prayers Sandy, but the rest of it is not so easy,I have no contacts or numbers to phone...I don not know who he works for or his address!!!

Should I leave it another couple of days??? I don`t want to make a fool of myself if he is working, but any of you parents out there will know how I am feeling!!!

Wow! How scary. I would be going out of my mind. Praying he turns up safely. In the meantime, keep pulling at whatever straws you have, trying to locate him.