Is there such a thing a no bounce bra?

Options
GAWWWWW.....I REALLY need to find a bra that controls that dang boob bouncing thing. Oprah said she had tried one and liked it, so I sent for it . It is very uncomfortable AND is the usual "UniBoob" look....any advice or ideas, please let me know.

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I recall a post on here several months ago where a couple of people talked about wearing TWO sports bras at once to help with this problem. All my exercise thus far has been walking, so I haven't had to deal with this issue. I am sure others will have more info. If you don't get some responses this late in the evening, repost on your thread tomorrow to get it back into the recent posts, and perhaps you will get better results. Good luck!!

EDIT: Actually, I came up with a better idea, thanks to the search feature in the threads. I searched "sports bras" and came up with this thread from three months ago. It might have some answers for you:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68576-sports-bras?hl=sports+bras#posts-885994
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    They did a study once and said a regular bra actually supports better than a so-called sports bra!

But I still prefer a sports bra because they seem to handle sweating better. I buy the kind that are sized by cups and not just S, M & L. For example, I've got some that are 32-36 C. Champion makes them.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Enell.

Available from Title Nine sports as "the last resort" bra.

Worth every penny.

Life changing.

Seriously.
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    Shock Absorber bras!

They're made in the UK and run a bit more pricy than most traditional brands (Nike, Champion), but are by far the best I've tried. They have various ranges of "shock" support. I have a medium level and one heavy-duty for running/biking. The material also wicks sweat away and stays in amazing shape. I have a couple that are 3 years old and barely look it.

Well worth the money!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    GAWWWWW.....I REALLY need to find a bra that controls that dang boob bouncing thing. Oprah said she had tried one and liked it, so I sent for it . It is very uncomfortable AND is the usual "UniBoob" look....any advice or ideas, please let me know.
    You must be talking of the Enell bra thay Oprah promoted. I absolutely love this bra and when I first started wearing I wore a 36DD but now I am34C and I have owned at least 5 of them. I run,ride horse, aerobics,bike, walk,etc; with this bra! I do not bounce and I do not feel I am uniboob as you say. When putting on the bra lay it on a flat serface such as your bed and lie down and put it on.. Hook up as you are laying down that way your breast stay seperated and lifted! LOTS of ladies put this bra on wrong and do NOT get the full benefit and wear of this bra. Hand wash and hang dry. To me they are the best! "hang in there girl" !
  • Elfie1
    Elfie1 Posts: 30
    Options
    OK...I will go see if I can find the bra again and give it a try. Sounds odd, but makes sense if you think about it. I have 42DD's and have had "big boob syndrome" most of my life. I also ride horse and hate that bounce, is also embarassing. Thanks for the input...and the "support" ....snort!!!!
  • Elfie1
    Options
    I will look those up on the net...thanks for the reply!!!
  • Elfie1
    Options
    Weaklink: THANKS! and thanks to all who responded...I am not too good at replying on here yet, but want to thank everyone for their advice and ideas...
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    To be honest I hate when my breats move at all while working out lol. I have tried all sorts of sports bras and I would have to wear like 2-3 (I am only a C cup) and that got annoying. I have found that using a regular bra under my sports bra worked 100000 x's better than anything. Plus it make you feel confident :) I took a cheap bra that crosses in the back and put a cheap hanes (thin) bra over it. The girls barely move and it looks good. Hope that helps.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    To be honest I hate when my breats move at all while working out lol. I have tried all sorts of sports bras and I would have to wear like 2-3 (I am only a C cup) and that got annoying. I have found that using a regular bra under my sports bra worked 100000 x's better than anything. Plus it make you feel confident :) I took a cheap bra that crosses in the back and put a cheap hanes (thin) bra over it. The girls barely move and it looks good. Hope that helps.

thats what i ended up doing as well. i just wear my regular bra under any old sports bra. i wear mostly nike stuff, or anything else i an find on sale.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Working out today reminded me... I also use compression tops and they hold everything in pretty well. I get the UnderArmour ones because they are cheap.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm a D cup with implants so I don't want them to move AT ALL when I run. I actually found a sports bra at the Victoria Secret sale this past weekend that worked pretty good. It was $20.00, has an underwire in it and things pretty much don't move. I used to wear 2 sports bras and it was so nice to only wear one!
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Honestly, I just use two sport/cup bras.
  • sseavy82
    Options
    I am a 38DD and have tried all the sports bras! My friend suggested Enell and she was right. I found it online and paid about $65 for it. It is the only bra that keeps the girls supported! I laughed at myself the first time I put it on; all 11 hooks!!! but my tatas were the only thing that didn't jiggle when I went from walking to running!!! For the the first time, I don't have to worry about the bounce or pain of bouncinig!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Check out catalogs that sell tack/horseback riding clothes. Nothing creates bounce like sitting on the back of a bouncy animal. I have had several, none of them "uniboob" and they have all worked well. Can't remember all of the brands... but they have zip closures and wide bands and are really supportive. Good luck!
  • CaitlinEats
    CaitlinEats Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love love love the Moving Comfort sports bra I wear--the "Fiona." I have 7 or 8 of them. It's the one with velcro adjustable straps and no underwire. I am a 38/40 DD/E and I used to wear three bras to go running (underwire regular + two sports bras) and I would still bounce. Now I only have to wear one! I have two sizes--38DD for running and 40DD for less bouncy activities.

http://www.movingcomfort.com/product/101635/350003/_/Fiona_Bra

At $44, it's a bit expensive, but cheaper than a breast reduction! :-) If you live in a town where Title Nine has the occasional warehouse sale, you can find them for $20.
  • sseavy82
    sseavy82 Posts: 12
    Options
    ENELL!!!! I love my Enell bra. I am a 38DDD and the girls don't move at all! The first time I ran with it on, I laughed and said everything on my body jiggled EXCEPT my boobs! I shopped around on line to find the best price, still around $65, but that was 2 yrs ago and I'm still wearing the same one. I can't imagine wearing anything else. I also had a big laugh the first time I put it on.....11 hooks up the front! My 22 yr old daughter was embarrassed because I had to show her girl friends, but this bra works!!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    As a big girl, nothing works for me other than wearing two bras. It sucks, but what can you do?
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    As a big girl, nothing works for me other than wearing two bras. It sucks, but what can you do?