Make me breakfast

Options
I'm trying to stick under 200 for this meal

I'm bored with all my ideas and mixtures.................heres basically what u have to work with (thats low calorie- i have most basic foods in mwa house.)

1/3 cup of instant oats - 100
1/3 cup nonfat yogurt - 40
1 peice low cal toast - 45
1egg white - 15
1/2 cup low cal cottage cheese - 90
1 cup frozen berries - 80
super low cal almond milk - 40 cal a cup
most low fat chocolate puddings - under 100
jello - 10
low cal whip cream - 10
3/4 cup veggies - 30/35

salt - 0
splenda - 0
pepper - 0
cinnamon - 0

NOW CREATE SOMETHING YUMMY!

Replies

• xoyasminxo
    Options
    I know you don't have banana on there, but a fellow MFP friend gave me this recipe and I altered it to give it some extra fiber.

Banana Pancakes
    ----
    1 banana, mashed
    1 egg (or egg white equivalent)
    1/2 -3/4 cup oats, uncooked
    Any spices you want to add

Mix all together. Make pancakes with it. Super good. To add a healthy fat, spread with a thin layer of peanut butter or other nut butter.

I also like to mix plain yogurt, raw oats and berries to make a filling breakfast. I mix raw oats with a lot of stuff to add protein, fiber, and to make it more filling. Hope this helps.
  • kellybelly80
    kellybelly80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My breakfast might seem boring but it's working for me...

100g Greek style yogurt
    teaspoon of fuit compote
    Sprinkle of granola.

You can buy these from supermarkets already made if you don't want to make it yourself!!!

I sometimes add fruit instead of fuit compote....

It's 162 cals in the supermarket pots...
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    ***POOF***
    You are breakfast.

You're welcome.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    100 calorie greek yogurt and this recipe- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/765476-easy-granola-recipe?page=1#posts-11378547

2 hard boiled eggs

instant oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of cream cheese

2 apple cinnamon rice cakes with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter

ETA: Im dumb. I totally didnt read the rest of your post. Sorry.
  • F_Chord
    F_Chord Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ***POOF***
    You are breakfast.

You're welcome.

:laugh:
  • natbeach
    Options
    Frozen berry whippy thing!!

Use the berries, whip them up in the food processor with the egg white and a tsp or so sugar/stevia (if you have it) and put it in the freezer (~100). Toast with veges (with seasoning) for some substance (80)... when the thing is frozen or maybe still a bit soft, take it out, top with whipped cream and its like a meal with a fruity dessert!! SO GOOD AND SWEET!

Boomtown, 190 calories!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    1 apple and 5 almonds or 4 half walnut pieces
  • rburgess7
    rburgess7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of egg beaters 60 cal
    3 slices Jennie O 65% fat free turkey bacon 45 cal
    1/2 Josephs flax oat bran whole wheat lavash 50 cal
    Total = 155 cal.
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can make a breakfast wrap for right at 200 calories.

1 grade A large egg
    1/8 cup of finely shredded colby jack cheese
    1 ole high fiber low carb tortilla
    1/4 cup diced tomatoes
    baby spinach

A very healthy and filling breakfast. I know you only mentioned the egg white but I personally like using the whole egg. You could always add a couple of more egg whites and leave out the yolk.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I eat a hard boiled egg with salt & pepper and two strips of bacon. Filling, yummy and usually gets my through lunch. Calorie count is a little higher than you'd like (250ish) but it's still pretty good.
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stick under 200 for this meal

I'm bored with all my ideas and mixtures.................heres basically what u have to work with (thats low calorie- i have most basic foods in mwa house.)

1/3 cup nonfat yogurt - 40
    2 slices low cal toast - 90
    2egg white - 30
    1/2 cup frozen berries - 40

salt - 0
    splenda - 0
    pepper - 0
    cinnamon - 0

NOW CREATE SOMETHING YUMMY!

Combine 1 egg white, 1 packet of Splenda, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and scramble like crazy... Cut bread into quarters, and leave out on the counter for a couple hours for bread to stale...soak the stale bread in the egg mixture for half an hour. Pour bread/egg mixture into an oven safe bowl or small baking dish...in a seperate bowl beat the remaining egg white with a small pinch of cream of tartar, and a packet of Splenda into stiff peaks (making a merengue) spread this on top of your bread egg mixture, and put into a 375 degree over for 20 minutes (or until merengue is set up and golden brown). In a skillet sauté 1/2 cup thawed berries and 1 packet of Splenda over medium heat, should soften berries, and create a liquid like property...blend, strain, and set aside. Remove product from oven, top with berry purée, and enjoy.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I buy the turkey sausage patties in the blue box from Kroger and they are 100 calories for 2 and then I'll make some Butterball turkey bacon and those are only 25 calories a slice. Throw in a few egg whites and you have a super protein, low cal breakfast!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just have yogurt in the morning. Gets me to my 1 o'clock lunch no prob and helps me keep down my prenatal vitamin!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Cupcake

1 slice hormel canadian style bacon fully cooked, thick slice 96% fat free
    2 tbs shredded pepper jack cheese
    1 medium egg
    nu salt
    pepper

spray muffin tin with cooking oil spray, place canadian bacon in muffin cup, place cheese on canadian bacon and press thumb print in cheese moving it to the side to make a cup for egg. crack egg and place in thumb hole and salt and pepper to taste.

i like to make a bunch of these, my family likes them and they freeze well. i will eat one muffin or cupcake with some homemade no sugar added apple sauce or a slice of fruit.

calories: 160, carbs: 2g, Fat: 10g, protein: 15g, Fiber: 0g, sodium 400g.

if you like a 'zip' put a couple dashes of hot sauce on top.
  • cheerchicksie
    cheerchicksie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Amazing, super easy french toast!!!

- 45 calorie bread
    - 1 egg white (raw)
    - dash of cinnamon

Optional:
    - 1/8 cup mashed bananas/berries
    - 1 tsp low calorie whip cream/cool whip (use either as a topping or a mix-in, it doesn't matter)
    - 1 tsp vanilla extract
    ^^^these three...or technically, the cinnamon at that...aren't necessary. but they make it a lot tastier! :)

1. mix all the ingredients (except the bread) together in a bowl.
    2. dunk the bread in the mixture - make sure the entire slice is completely moist! this is super important!
    3. microwave on high for 1 minute.

60 calories total, without the optional ingredients. Enjoy! :)
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    Your my hero!
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal - take your oats, milk, yoghurt, egg white & mixed berries - combine in a bowl with a little baking powder and pour into a tray and bake for about 20 minutes - not sure how much this will make but could work out to be a big breakfast or 2 smaller ones!
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    1/4 yogurt
    1/2 almond milk
    Frozen Berries
    Cinnamon & splenda - although a banana would be a better choice to sweeten rather than splenda
    Combine and refrigerate, eat the next day

Scramble egg white with veggies salt and pepper with a piece of toast spread with cottage cheese and cinnamon.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Day 1: scrambled eggs with toast - egg white ( I like whole eggs) + low fat milk, salt, pepper, a little butter - 140 cal, 1 toast, add a slice of tomato.
    day 2: French toast with 1 tsp of honey. Dip 2 pieces of bread into whipped egg, put in pan to fry on low heat. ( use less oil) sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Add honey.
    Day 3: low fat or Greek yogurt with berries.
    Day 4: Oats with milk, a tbs of chocolate pudding.
    Day 5: hard boiled eggs with boiled veggies. Add salt, and pepper for taste.
    Day 6: Toast with cottage cheese, Top with berries.
    Day 7: sunny side up, boiled veggies, toast.