What?? 1200 calories. I'm still hungry.

Options
MFP gave me 1200 calories a day. I have been trying this for 3 days. But it seems that at the end of the night I find myself looking in the cabinets for more. I'm starting to get frustrated. Is there anyone else that has this problem?

Replies

• aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would up the calories by 100-200 and see how you feel. 1200 is the minimum MFP will give you. Are you settings at losing 1lb/week? I know I personally can't go below 1400 without getting the shakes and migraines.

You could also try eating more fiber and more filling foods to get you through the day.
  • taylorfriedchicken
    Options
    Also, if you are set up to lose about 2 lbs a week, I would say eat more but make sure you exercise so it balances out.
  • Mom2Ryleigh
    Options
    Eat foods rich in fiber and protein and that will carry you through your day much better. Kashi TLC granola bars are great snacks for this! Also if you excercise you are alotted more calories for what you burn.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Add exercise into your day, if you burn 300 calories you get to eat 300 more, give it a try. Or change your weight loss goal from 2 pounds/week, it that is where it is, to 1.5 pounds/week, you will get to eat more this way as well.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    MFP told me 1200.
    I manually adjusted it to 1400.
    I'm still losing weight.
    Maybe your weight loss goal is too aggressive (i.e. you chose to 'lose 2 lbs a week' goal)
    I'm a fan of the 'slow and steady' way to lose weight.
    The slower mine comes off, the more likely it seems to stay off!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    (Is that a recent photo of you and your daughter? She is adorable!!! You are beautiful as well. :smile:)
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    if you are set to 1200 i am guessing you chose the 2 lb a week loss option.... by your ticker i see you have less than 30 lbs to lose? 2 lbs per week is aggressive and only really realistic if you are very overweight... I would suggest setting it to maybe 1 lb a week and go with those calories. :o)
  • mmleeba
    Options
    Try to eat more proteins than carbohydrates. Proteins stay with you longer and help with the hungry sensation. Drink plenty of water as well. Some recommend a full glass prior to eating. Hang in there!! Don't give up!!
  • mmleeba
    Options
    Try to eat more proteins than carbohydrates. Proteins stay with you longer and help with the hungry sensation. Drink plenty of water as well. Some recommend a full glass prior to eating. Hang in there!! Don't give up!!
  • mlipsey
    Options
    You guys are right. it is set to 2lbs. and I haven't added and exercise. mainly because I don't know where to begin. The photo it of my niece. Thanks for the complement. I have no children. So its more protein less carbs and exercise. I"m on it!!!
  • mlipsey
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the replies