Weighing tips! Help help help..

Options
When is the best time to weigh yourself? As some people say first thing then others would say before you go to bed.. Only I weighed myself morning and night and had put on 5lbs over the course of the day! So when is it best to get an accurate weight?

Replies

• Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have found that I weigh the least first thing in the morning
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after using the bathroom
  • jwalworth
    jwalworth Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weigh and record your weight once per day at the same time of day under the same circumstances. I weigh in the mornings right when I wake up.
  • HarliMarli13
    Options
    I also weigh in when I wake up in the mornings!
  • mtlkate
    mtlkate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after using the bathroom but before eating or drinking anything. Never do it at the end of the day because you have to consider the foods you've eaten during the day, low much liquid you've consumed, and the amount of sodium you've taken in which could cause you to retain water. Be consistent about weighing at the same time under the same circumstances in order to have a good comparison.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    For me every morning out of bed into the bathroom then into spare room onto the scale. During the day or in the evening too many bounces fluid food etc
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    When you wake up. Otherwise, your weight will be greatly influenced by varying amounts of food and liquid.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I weight first thing in am around same time with no clothes on and use the bathroom first...
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Like many of the others, I weigh in the mornings after going to the bathroom. However, I think it's more about consistency- weigh at the same time of day, wearing the same clothes, and then you'll get a better idea of weight loss trends.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    get out of bed
    go potty
    get naked
    step on scale
  • christy3952
    christy3952 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    get out of bed
    go potty
    get naked
    step on scale

Yup. This.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I try and do it last thing before jumping into bed when im at my heaviest. Maybe im weird but i dont like it when morning weight goes up by the end of the day lol
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning. It is said that after you use the bathroom, that is your natural weight. I personally think it's a matter of preference. As long as you do it around the same time every day/week/month/whatever.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I only weight in once a week, but when I do it's first thing in the morning.
  • warsenic
    Options
    get out of bed
    go potty
    get naked
    step on scale

ah, my favorite morning routine!
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    get out of bed
    go potty
    get naked
    step on scale

this. and i feel like once a week is plenty.

29452814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning after I pee and no other time because I know it will drive me nuts and make me upset.
  • voyageruk
    Options
    Mornings after waking up and urinating.

I do this every morning (scale addiction!) but I only consider the figure on the 1st of each month to be "official" - this helps me a lot with the whole plateau thing. If my weight is the same after a whole month then it's probably due to lack of effort and nothing else.

If I were to take the daily or even weekly figure too seriously it would demotivate me because it fluctuates too much. However my monthly loss figure is pretty much consistent (10-12 lbs).

Works for me :smile:

Ben
  • 26point2chick
    26point2chick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's all accurate. Just pick a time and do it at the same time every time you weigh, which should be no more than once a week. Either always first thing in the morning or always last thing at night. Your weight DOES fluctuate that much over the course of the day, and as you sleep.